Premed 101 Forums

Registration for MD2024 Class

26 minutes ago, medhopeful2020 said:

Every time I see a new email in my inbox my heart jumps a little bit, and then I sigh once again when it's not the university. It just sucks that our offers are technically "conditional" until we get the confirmation email finalizing our admissions. It's crazy that people are going to be moving in this weekend and we still aren't fully registered.

I'm shocked how they recommended not to look for housing until you're registered. They expect students to find housing and move to Ottawa with less than a month notice?  

2 minutes ago, popfossa said:

I'm shocked how they recommended not to look for housing until you're registered. They expect students to find housing and move to Ottawa with less than a month notice?  

Especially tight for OOP students who, according to guidelines, have to move in by the 14th Aug so they can properly self-isolate before O-week...

This is not a good look tbh. :wacko:

1 minute ago, DrOtter said:

Especially tight for OOP students who, according to guidelines, have to move in by the 14th Aug so they can properly self-isolate before O-week...

This is not a good look tbh. :wacko:

Good point, I totally forgot about that! I was definitely expecting more open communication from them.

When is everyone planning on moving to Ottawa?

Have to aim for the end of August and I officially will be missing part of oweek :(

I signed for august 1st originally thinking I would know by now. I asked the landlord if I can instead change it for September because I need to sublet my place before I pay rent at another place. Thankfully they agreed but if I had to move in earlier, id have to pay a portion of the August rent. Have been pushing subletting my current apartment until registration email, just incase. And I definitely cannot afford paying two rents. So I guess I'll be moving in August 31st - Sept 1st.

I really expected better communication from admissions. I'm a little disappointed to say the least and this has been a constant stressor daily. I just want to know where I will be living in 35 days :(

2 hours ago, medhopeful2020 said:

Every time I see a new email in my inbox my heart jumps a little bit, and then I sigh once again when it's not the university. It just sucks that our offers are technically "conditional" until we get the confirmation email finalizing our admissions. It's crazy that people are going to be moving in this weekend and we still aren't fully registered.

Me too. I honestly think it's insane to expect people to find housing, move, SELF ISOLATE for 14 days, buy furniture, mentally prepare for an unknown curriculum all in 30 days (that's if we hear back this week). I am sure they already checked if we met all conditions by now but that's what's bothering me. If they checked, why can't they tell us that and allow us to know if we should book a darn uhaul or not. 

But honestly who knows what's going on there. I bet they are under a lot of pressure and stress because of the significant delay. Fingers crossed for Friday. :(

11 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

That's awesome news for them! Wonder what happened with the person who dropped off though... :/

I'm REALLY hoping they deferred and it wasn't because of acceptance conditions not being met. This is the second person I've heard of that has gotten off the waitlist recently

39 minutes ago, popfossa said:

I'm REALLY hoping they deferred and it wasn't because of acceptance conditions not being met. This is the second person I've heard of that has gotten off the waitlist recently

I only ever heard of one case of that happening (and admissions let them know pretty quickly that their offer was revoked). So it's possible it was a deferral. :|

8 minutes ago, premed72 said:

If their offer was revoked, they probably would have heard about it by now right? 

I have a feeling for those who got off the waitlist late, their final transcripts might not have been due until recently. So I guess it is conceivable that their offers were only very recently revoked after Admissions reviewed them?