Premed 101 Forums

Registration for MD2024 Class

3 minutes ago, petitmonstre111 said:

The schedules have not been finalized, I would really recommend waiting on hearing from the faculty rather than relying on what’s currently showing on uozone. If I remember correctly, there are minor differences between English and French streams (Thursday afternoon vs Wednesday afternoon for patient interactions?).

Very true. Was just wondering because I was under the impression that ottawa is one of the only schools that has half days and I only saw 2 (from the post above!). Maybe it's different now, who knows 

9 minutes ago, mp44518 said:

From uozone I believe you can access your email, timetable and everything else. On the home page you can see "@uOttawa.ca email account". You can also go under the "applications" tab and look for "My Class Schedule" to see your timetable. Then again, I am a returning uOttawa student, so it might be different! 

Yup that worked for me as a new student as well.

34 minutes ago, UwoToUo said:

For those of you that did the password reset method, are you able to access your email, timetable, anything from https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/students/student-zone/pre-clerkship, etc? They gave me a password but I can't do anything other than log into uozone. 

I did that and I can access everything- uoZone, email, student centre with timetable, etc. As mentioned, you access the student centre through uoZone

14 hours ago, mp44518 said:

From uozone I believe you can access your email, timetable and everything else. On the home page you can see "@uOttawa.ca email account". You can also go under the "applications" tab and look for "My Class Schedule" to see your timetable. Then again, I am a returning uOttawa student, so it might be different! 

Thanks, I can see it now. Got the email to work as well. Before it kept taking me to the UWO outlook email site and it didn't let me log in, but I went to outlook from google and it worked. Also deleted my history/cookies and now it takes me to the proper uottawa version when I go from ottawa's website.

Is anyone planning on bringing their parents/friends/relatives with them for registration? I know this wouldn't normally happen, but since the white coat ceremony is presumably cancelled or at least postponed and this is when we'll be getting them, I'm thinking of bringing my parents with me for getting my coat and maybe to get a few pictures. I'm just wondering if anyone else is considering this or if it would be weird or inappropriate

52 minutes ago, Psych said:

Is anyone planning on bringing their parents/friends/relatives with them for registration? I know this wouldn't normally happen, but since the white coat ceremony is presumably cancelled or at least postponed and this is when we'll be getting them, I'm thinking of bringing my parents with me for getting my coat and maybe to get a few pictures. I'm just wondering if anyone else is considering this or if it would be weird or inappropriate

I was also thinking of doing the same. Also, they mentioned in their email that the ceremony will be virtual. 

1 hour ago, Psych said:

I would check with Faculty because they may not be counting for that many people in RGN! They may not allow them to enter the building but once you get the coat, you can take pictures outside and what not. 

33 minutes ago, deedee908 said:

Does anyone else's schedule show like time conflicts? It's almost like it's showing both the fall and winter courses together or twice as many courses as there should be...or maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

yeah I think the class schedule is definitely mixed up between the two terms. We have like 3 long days as it is looking right now lol.

If you go to your statement of account, you'll see that the Fall term 2020 is listed with 18.00 credits right now, where there should only be 9.00 (compared to the Winter term) so I think the scheduling system has some issues atm.