Premed 101 Forums

2019/2020 GPA doesn't count???

Hey can someone please clarify the update for the 2020/2021 application cycle? Will the 2019/2020 academic year not qualify for one of the two years in the weighted 2yr GPA?!

I took a 5th year this year solely to improve my GPA and if they aren't counting these grades, I wasted a whole year's tuition / living expenses for nothing D:  Also, just to add - I completely understand ADCOM's decision - especially given these unprecedented circumstances. I just want clarification for the wGPA. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want a clarification on this as well.  In their FAQ, they mentioned that the winter semester grades are counted as pass fail only.  However it's not clear to me whether this means that the fall semester is eligible to be one of the two years in the wGPA calculation.  Furthermore, the process they used before to calculate wGPA was to average all the courses taken in the past two years.  When two years have equal course load, it works out to be the same as averaging each year's courses, then averaging the two years.  However, for 2019/2020 studies, most applicants are only going to have 3-5 courses in their fall semester.  Does this mean the new wGPA would be counting the last 2 years but with significant emphasis on the non-covid year?  I emailed adcom a while back and they said information cannot be released at this time and to keep checking the Queen's website for update.  So far, I haven't seen any clarifications from them.