Premed 101 Forums

Advice on PhD applicant

I'm a grad student from Toronto working on my PhD and I was wondering on my chances on getting into U of T.

My undergrad had annual GPAs of:

Year 1: 3.64

Year 2: 3.47

Year 3: 3.68

Year 4: 3.91

Year 5: 3.94

My U of T cGPA was 3.75, but I think my wGPA would be 3.77. 

I also had an MCAT CARS score of 129. 

I've recently gotten 2 publications in journals with impact factors of 20 and 11, and am planning on having 2 more by the time I graduate. I've gotten a Canadian Graduate Scholarship (Master's level), and 2 Ontario Graduate Scholarships so far. 

What do my chances look like and does anyone have any advice on how I can improve my chances? I have considered taking additional courses and re-writing the MCAT, but some advice would be really appreciated. 

Hey! From what I've seen on these forums, 3.77 is not bad for a graduate applicant. As for the MCAT, re-writing would not help you at all for u of T as long as you meet their cutoffs (125 in each section with an allowance of 124 in one). As long as you have that, the MCAT is not assessed competitively and it is of no benefit to you to have anything higher. Your 129 CARS means nothing here unfortunately (although it would be good for McMaster!)