Premed 101 Forums
aus_trained

Australian Trained GP - salary coming back to Canada

Also, I never said that they were overpaid....or commented on the difficulty/type of the work at all...all I literally did was to find the percentiles of income and listed that to answer the question at hand. I admire and respect the work of all FM doctors and doctors in general. 

12 hours ago, offmychestplease said:

You can look at every single FM doctor in AB’s Billings here. Again, it’s funny how deflated FM income is by some people 

https://nationalpost.com/health/leaked-report-offers-window-into-the-medical-one-percenters-and-growing-concern-over-md-pay-inequity/

I’m applying to FM so I fully support the higher compensation lol.

However, practising family doctors have told me that they’ve never made >400k even when working rural, ER, etc. 

Maybe it’s a province thing but I still find it surprising.

1 hour ago, MDinCanada said:

I’m applying to FM so I fully support the higher compensation lol.

However, practising family doctors have told me that they’ve never made >400k even when working rural, ER, etc. 

Maybe it’s a province thing but I still find it surprising.

I can’t speak on other provinces and I do know that AB is the highest. The 99th percentile still makes over a million after overhead in Ontario, and Manitoba - I know that much. But again, 50th percentile in AB even is 300K after overhead. I don't know of any other specialty where the 50th and 99th percentile incomes are almost 4x as different.