Premed 101 Forums

Chances with a 126 in CARS

I was wondering if it was worth it to apply with a 126 in CARS? I am non-SWOMEN and my mcat CP and BB are well above the past year's cut-offs so they shouldn't be a problem. My 2Y GPA is also well above 3.7. I am hoping that this cycle may be more "lenient" considering the implications of COVID-19.

It's your money but I kinda doubt it. The cutoffs are set based on the applicant pool, and going from a 127 to 126 represents going from the 82nd to 72nd percentile, which is a far bigger jump then going from 130 (98th) to 129 (95th), or even 130 (98th) to 128 (90th). There's always a possibility, but don't get your hopes up.  

22 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

Western's MCAT cut-offs tend to be quite stable. They had been before the incorporation of the aABS and they have been since aABS too. So I wouldn't waste my money if I were you. 

Adding on to this question, do you think it's worth it to apply with a 127? I'm not sure if its worth the effort of writing those 8 essays if the 127 was just a weird blip in the trend of being 128+

8 minutes ago, Amilucky said:

Adding on to this question, do you think it's worth it to apply with a 127? I'm not sure if its worth the effort of writing those 8 essays if the 127 was just a weird blip in the trend of being 128+

127 is right at the cutoff so I personally think it will be worth it.