Premed 101 Forums

Hi all,

I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this (I just created my account pretty recently), but what does everyone think about the CASPer snapshot? Additionally, I have heard some applicants say that they received an email from specific universities about having to take it (such as Dalhousie), but when I went on the CASPer website, it said that all takers have to complete it. Does anyone know any more about this, and more specifically, does that mean USask requires the snapshot in addition to the actual test? 

Thanks in advance! 

2 hours ago, caffeinatedpessimism said:

Do you know if USask requires it, or if it's mandatory for all CASPer takers? 

I looks like it's mandatory for all CASPer takers. I don't know if USask will use it, but I think you have to do it either way. The website has a little more information https://takecasper.com/2020/08/what-is-casper-snapshot-and-how-can-it-help-my-application/

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, qrst173 said:

Hey does anyone know when CASPer needs to be completed by? I cannot seem to find that information

When you sign up, there are certain dates that you can choose to complete the CASPer, and it varies for each school. For USask, the latest date is October 22 (unless the spots for this date has already been filled) and the distribution date (the date that CASPer scores will be sent to med schools) is November 20 or 22, I believe. If I'm wrong then someone please correct me.

I hope this helps!