Premed 101 Forums

Chances?

Hey guys, I am enrolling into a second degree starting this year. However, I am still thinking about applying to Queens this application cycle!

I was wondering if that's a wise choice with a slim chance of acceptance or should I just not apply?

2YGPA: 3.73, MCAT: 514 (130/127/130/127), currently a employed healthcare professional. 

Thanks!

14 hours ago, anonymouspanda said:

You probably have a better if not equal shot at Western, assuming you have decent experiences to talk about in the abbreviated ABS. Might be worth applying there too since Western only takes your best two year gpa (and you don't have to write CASPer for them either).

I was going to apply to western, but I thought I couldn’t bc you have to be going into the last year of your degree to apply?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, IMislove said:

MCAT May be fine, gpa def on lower end but can’t definitively say you won’t make it. Worth a shot. But really destroy your second degree and you will most likely be fine.

Do you think if I upgraded my GPA with my second degree, my MCAT will be fine for future cycles or would I need to rewrite it?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Justwannagetby said:

I was going to apply to western, but I thought I couldn’t bc you have to be going into the last year of your degree to apply?

Thanks!

Maybe your first undergraduate degree will count since it's completed? Might be worth emailing them to ask or maybe someone who knows can chime in... I'm not sure about this 

On 8/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, IMislove said:

MCAT May be fine, gpa def on lower end but can’t definitively say you won’t make it. Worth a shot. But really destroy your second degree and you will most likely be fine.

This to a tee imo. MCAT is likely fine, gpa is iffy but not a definite R. Second degree is def the way to go