Premed 101 Forums

4 minutes ago, offmychestplease said:

100% agreed. I have had several med students and residents help me multiple times, and not one charged a penny. These ads are disgusting especially when you add the                     "We can work together with your budget with whatever you can afford as I understand how financially daunting some medical consulting companies are" to try and make your scheme sound nicer/better than companies...

Yeah like wtf is that... so schemy. 

I have had some complaints about these sorts of ads - which I do understand

I will mention that the services were announced in the correct subfolder (for once!), and the reason we have that is so that they are all in one place, and potentially people can review any services that they happen to chose. 

I am not supporting any particular service - most of the work we do in the forum is to make sure this sort of information is available to all.

Still there seems to be companies both big and small that offer such services, and people do use them - some have found them useful, other found that other routes were not just cheaper but also superior (as someone that personally mentors people going into medical school I find being free of any corporate constraints freeing - but that corporate approach is probably quite useful in making sure information is up to date. Hard for one person to know it all). A more directly personal approach perhaps even may work? 

What I don't want is attacks on companies to imply anyone using such services are somehow compromising themselves - and I am of the believe many people that run such things truly want to help, actually can provide that help, and for some the cost may be worth it. This is on a more personal note but I also find smaller companies (like a couple of med students style) less objectionable than the large companies that target and much more aggressively  exploit in my mind premeds (like all of these premed club sponsored events - I don't like advertising going directly on campuses for companies - a place of learning is not a marketplace).