Premed 101 Forums

MD after (poor) gpa DMD

nounours_l0l

Hey everyone, 

i finished my DMD last May with a terrible 3.3 gpa (i had a 3.5 but it dropped quite a lot due to not being able to finish clinical requirements due to the whole Covid thing.. which is very annoying as it wasn’t my fault at all!) 

i had 75 credit in my undergrad with a 4.28/4.3 gpa.

if i calculated both gpa together, it gives me only 3.56/4.3 (haven’t calculated out of 4 but it will be lower).

i guess my CV is strong (research, hospital dentistry, working as a dentist, lots of volunteering and ECs)

what should i do to boost my chance at mcgill? I know right now even with an amazing casper i won’t even get an interview. Could the mcat help? Is there any way or should i just not bother (which is fine, i’d rather know) I will be applying all over quebec (i’m IP) but i know my chance are close to 0 AND even worst at mcgill as they do not considered programs difficulty (and i’m biased but dmd is hard and grading is super subjective)

thanks a lot! :)

13 hours ago, Clown_MD said:

Hi there, 

I'm simply curious; why the change of heart after the DMD program ?

MD here. I was once in a DMD program,  switched with a gpa of 3.7, but sometimes, I wish I should've stayed...

Best of luck 

I'm curious to know. Why do you wish you would've stayed in DMD?