Premed 101 Forums

Manitoba integrated Care of the Elderly FM program

northo60

Has anyone heard about the integrated care of the elderly FM residency program in Winnipeg? It looks like the first year is pretty similar to the general FM- urban stream in Winnipeg. You don't start anything related to COE until 2nd year. Looking for pros/cons about FM at Manitoba generally or the integrated care of the elderly program. Thanks!!

• 1 year later...

Have anyone tried it yet? I have recently moved to Canada myself, and I would like to move my elderly parents here too.
Now they are in one of the facilities I found on the list of qualified assisted living properties in California. They like it there, and I am unsure if I have to move them. I would like to see them more, and I am sure they would also like to see my family more often than once a half a year. But we will see what we will do.
I just want to ensure I have an option for them here if they decide to move to me. I want them to live where they would get constant support and medical care.