Premed 101 Forums

Ontario repatriation program

Hey guys wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with repatriation program. 

I have a three year internal medicine degree from US and need at least an extra year to be able to write the royal college. Has anyone tried and been successful with getting into a residency spot with the repatriation program?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, grapz said:

Hey guys wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with repatriation program. 

I have a three year internal medicine degree from US and need at least an extra year to be able to write the royal college. Has anyone tried and been successful with getting into a residency spot with the repatriation program?

Are you sure you need an additional year? I have friends in the boat as you who came back to Ontario to practice general IM without needing additional training.

Edited by Mashmetoo

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:17 PM, Mashmetoo said:

Are you sure you need an additional year? I have friends in the boat as you who came back to Ontario to practice general IM without needing additional training.

Check the pathway with the CPSO that doesn't require RC certification (pathway 3).

• 2 years later...