Premed 101 Forums

How does the wgpa for Western work?

This is probably a dumb question but how does the 2 year weight gpa conversion for western work exactly? I graduated from UofT where each semester long course was 0.5 credits and on the UWO med admissions page it says for full time to be considered you need 5 "full or equivalent courses" between september and april. Does that mean like just having 5 semester long courses taken between Sep and April? How does this work for co-op students?

Full course load means 5 FCEs per year for you. So either 10 half year courses, 5 full year courses, or a combination thereof leading to 5FCEs.

Don't quote me on this, but I don’t think a co-op year counts towards their calculation since there’s no way you took 5FCEs while doing a co-op (even if your time commitment was likely the same a day full-time non-coop student). Your two most recent years in which you took 5FCEs would be used to calculate your wGPA.

11 minutes ago, zxcccxz said:

Full course load means 5 FCEs per year for you. So either 10 half year courses, 5 full year courses, or a combination thereof leading to 5FCEs.

Don't quote me on this, but I don’t think a co-op year counts towards their calculation since there’s no way you took 5FCEs while doing a co-op (even if your time commitment was likely the same a day full-time non-coop student). Your two most recent years in which you took 5FCEs would be used to calculate your wGPA.

Right okay thats what i figured, just to clarify is it two most recent or two best years that is used to calculate the wGPA?