Premed 101 Forums

ABS Question

Yeah I'd say stick within their guidelines to be safe. It's not worth it to give them any reason to toss out your application!

Except I'm in a bit of a pickle because they also say that if you've done research, you MUST write about research for one of your ABS essays... but my research was more than 6 years ago. Sooo I'm not really sure what to do with these mutually exclusive instructions in my case lol. 

On 9/8/2020 at 9:30 PM, RD2MD said:

Yeah I'd say stick within their guidelines to be safe. It's not worth it to give them any reason to toss out your application!

Except I'm in a bit of a pickle because they also say that if you've done research, you MUST write about research for one of your ABS essays... but my research was more than 6 years ago. Sooo I'm not really sure what to do with these mutually exclusive instructions in my case lol. 

I am also in this situation. I emailed asking which of the instructions I should follow and they wrote back stating:

"We are not able to provide guidance to applicants on what information to include in their Abbreviated Autobiographical Sketch. You must decide for yourself and use your own best judgement in determining which activities to include and how best to present them.  Please use your best judgment.  I would suggest however to follow the instructions as best you can." 

I was going to include the research as one of my 2 activities because the question states that if you've done research, you MUST write about it whereas the other instructions were that activities SHOULD be ongoing or completed within the past 6 years. Hard to know though.