Premed 101 Forums

cdn DAT filled up quickly??

Hey guys, 

So I tried to register for the Canadian DAT for November this morning because I'm trying to apply this cycle. However, it says all test spots in the country are full (which is weird because last year when I applied well into the application window it was still wide open). So now i'm panicking and I don't know what to do. Does anybody know what my options are? Is is too late to write the american DAT for this cycle? Does anyone know if they release more seats? Please help!

Theres still avaible dates for Quebec city and Ottawa. I suggest to you that you try to register for this dates even if it’s not in your area. I myself didn’t have the choice to register for quebec city even if im from Montreal. Not even 15 minutes after they opened the inscription, almost every date was complete.

4 hours ago, hopefulpremed98 said:

Does anyone know if they'll add seats or more test dates? I opened up the registration at noon the day it opened and every seat in my city was full. Right now all thats left are the french tests in Quebec city and Ottawa. It seems wildly unfair that the test is a requirement for programs still and yet we can't do it. 

Honestly, just seems like you were woefully underprepared. If you knew it's a requirement for programs, don't you think you would've at least planned ahead for registration? 

1 hour ago, VolleyBro said:

Honestly, just seems like you were woefully underprepared. If you knew it's a requirement for programs, don't you think you would've at least planned ahead for registration? 

dude tf is wrong with you? fuckkk everyone that thinks or acts like you. Most of y'all a bunch of privileged, antagonizing asssholes.

6 hours ago, hopefulpremed98 said:

Does anyone know if they'll add seats or more test dates? I opened up the registration at noon the day it opened and every seat in my city was full. Right now all thats left are the french tests in Quebec city and Ottawa. It seems wildly unfair that the test is a requirement for programs still and yet we can't do it. 

@Hopefulpremed98, don't despair. register for a testing center as close as possible and call CDA later on to see what's up. They might add more centers perhaps? As of now, my colleague will be driving 18 hours so they can write the test, if no centers open close to their city. Stay tight bud! the struggle is amongst us all :) 

32 minutes ago, KamehameHaaaaa said:

@Hopefulpremed98, don't despair. register for a testing center as close as possible and call CDA later on to see what's up. They might add more centers perhaps? As of now, my colleague will be driving 18 hours so they can write the test, if no centers open close to their city. Stay tight bud! the struggle is amongst us all :) 

Thank you hopefully they open up more cause right now it’s looking like I can’t apply this year :( 

2 hours ago, VolleyBro said:

Ahh yeah my bad I’ll register the day before the registration opens. Thanks for opening my eyes if only I knew 

13 hours ago, VolleyBro said:

The only way they could've known at what time the registration opened was if they were one of the people who registered on the 30th or 31st(at midnight) when the system opened up the registrations by accident. I was one of those people. I received an email from CDA saying that my registration was cancelled and that registration for the november DAT would open up at 10am on september 11th. Their website did not precise at what time the registration would open, just that it would be on september 11th. So there was absolutely no way of knowing unless you checked the website every hour. I was one of the first people to register (got my confirmation email by 10;10 approx.) and when I checked the website one hour later almost ALL the seats had filled up. There were only a couple seats left in Ottawa, Quebec City, and Halifax. I feel bad for the people who didn't get a seat but I dont blame them at all, its just bad luck. Either way you didn't have to be so condescending :( 

On 9/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, just_a_dude0627 said:

Hey guys, 

So I tried to register for the Canadian DAT for November this morning because I'm trying to apply this cycle. However, it says all test spots in the country are full (which is weird because last year when I applied well into the application window it was still wide open). So now i'm panicking and I don't know what to do. Does anybody know what my options are? Is is too late to write the american DAT for this cycle? Does anyone know if they release more seats? Please help!

Do the schools you're applying to accept the February DAT?

7 hours ago, Kibo said:

The only way they could've known at what time the registration opened was if they were one of the people who registered on the 30th or 31st(at midnight) when the system opened up the registrations by accident. I was one of those people. I received an email from CDA saying that my registration was cancelled and that registration for the november DAT would open up at 10am on september 11th. Their website did not precise at what time the registration would open, just that it would be on september 11th. So there was absolutely no way of knowing unless you checked the website every hour. I was one of the first people to register (got my confirmation email by 10;10 approx.) and when I checked the website one hour later almost ALL the seats had filled up. There were only a couple seats left in Ottawa, Quebec City, and Halifax. I feel bad for the people who didn't get a seat but I dont blame them at all, its just bad luck. Either way you didn't have to be so condescending :( 

I don’t want to be that person but that isn’t true, they stated the time on the website.

But yeah each time slot had 20 spots which I didn’t find fair, especially in larger cities. They should’ve accommodated accordingly. 

72C26372-4555-49B9-8B87-40AE95BF8F60.jpeg

On 9/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, chlxealexa said:

I don’t want to be that person but that isn’t true, they stated the time on the website.

But yeah each time slot had 20 spots which I didn’t find fair, especially in larger cities. They should’ve accommodated accordingly. 

72C26372-4555-49B9-8B87-40AE95BF8F60.jpeg

Huh that's strange, I couldn't find the time anywhere when I checked :/ it only stated the date. I probably didn't look properly or something, thats my bad! But yea, 20 is nowhere near enough for big cities. Hopefully they'll be able to organize themselves better for the feb test. 

I intend to apply to Western and they only accept Canadian DAT from Canadian students. This so unfair! Either accommodate all the applicants so everyone can write the test or don't make it a requirement. Should we contact the universities to let them know. is there something we can do? has anyone wrote CDA and got a reply?

On 9/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, just_a_dude0627 said:

Hey guys, 

Heads up!!!

On 9/21/2020 at 1:41 AM, kmo2 said:

Does anyone know if CDA has opened up additional spots after their initial registration date in previous application years?

More seats have been added in Ottawa and Québec City ! https://www.cda-adc.ca/en/becoming/dat/register_dat/dat_registration/step_1.asp