Premed 101 Forums

Medweeb

Hey,

I was just wondering what you guys think will happen with the interviews this year. The pandemic still has a massive impact on our lives and I've started thinking about wether or not we'd have MMI's this year. Do you think that the MMI will be replaced by the CASPER like last year? Or will the Universities be able to organize the MMI's and respect physical distancing measures?... Maybe it's still too early to ask this sort of question but it's been on my mind since the interviews were cancelled for the 2020 admission cycle.

(I'm a CEGEP student Btw)

48 minutes ago, Kibo said:

Hey,

I was just wondering what you guys think will happen with the interviews this year. The pandemic still has a massive impact on our lives and I've started thinking about wether or not we'd have MMI's this year. Do you think that the MMI will be replaced by the CASPER like last year? Or will the Universities be able to organize the MMI's and respect physical distancing measures?... Maybe it's still too early to ask this sort of question but it's been on my mind since the interviews were cancelled for the 2020 admission cycle.

(I'm a CEGEP student Btw)

Either online MMI or a full CASPer Snapshot with 10-12 “stations” (something new that Altus created this cycle, it’s basically CASPer but instead of typing you videotape yourself answering the questions, which is honestly great for people who can’t type as fast as others) imo! They have enough time to figure this out so I seriously doubt they would have to rely on the CASPer yet again :) (and in-person interviews in 2021 are most likely impossible, the situation’s not going to go away anytime soon)

7 minutes ago, keipop said:

Either online MMI or a full CASPer Snapshot with 10-12 “stations” (something new that Altus created this cycle, it’s basically CASPer but instead of typing you videotape yourself answering the questions, which is honestly great for people who can’t type as fast as others) imo! They have enough time to figure this out so I seriously doubt they would have to rely on the CASPer yet again :P (and in-person interviews in 2021 are most likely impossible, the situation’s not going to go away anytime soon)

I saw the thing about snapshots on the CASPer website :C honestly im terrified. I hope they rely on the CASPer only like they did last year since i've been practicing my typing speed for a few months now, and I feel like I'd perform better with written questions.

Also, this is more of a personal question but, have you gotten into med? I was wondering cuz, although I've only just made my account, I've been seeing you all over MEM, CASPer, and just general med discussions for over a year now. I really hope you've gotten in! Just from reading your answers to other people and seeing how much you've helped this premed community I'd love to see you becoming a doctor one day.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:22 PM, Kibo said:

Also, this is more of a personal question but, have you gotten into med? I was wondering cuz, although I've only just made my account, I've been seeing you all over MEM, CASPer, and just general med discussions for over a year now. I really hope you've gotten in! Just from reading your answers to other people and seeing how much you've helped this premed community I'd love to see you becoming a doctor one day.

Aww thank you, that’s cute haha! And yes, I got in this year at Sherbrooke ;)