Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2020/2021 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PreMed#219099 said:

https://www.med.mun.ca/Admissions/Important-Dates.aspx

I think it will likely start on Oct 12 till the 20th (excluding the weekend) , given that the application review ends Friday October 9th, and rejections are sent out on the 21st onward

Yeah that was my thinking given the 9th is a Friday. Though Monday is a holiday on the 12th so hopefully the Tuesday?

42 minutes ago, carboniferous said:

Does anyone know if there is a particular order as to how interviews will be sent out (IP v. OOP applicants first, alphabetical etc.)? 

How many 'waves' of invites does Memorial usually have?

Thanks!

From what I saw last year, it seemed in-province applicants were sent first, then OOP (who seemed to be maritime or other non-ON/QC/BC residents) and then the rest of OOP

I believe alphabetical order was more related to final acceptances/regrets – not 100%, as only some applicants felt there was a pattern here

I hope this helps! 

Just now, PreMed#219099 said:

From what I saw last year, it seemed in-province applicants were sent first, then OOP (who seemed to be maritime or other non-ON/QC/BC residents) and then the rest of OOP

I believe alphabetical order was more related to final acceptances/regrets – not 100%, as only some applicants felt there was a pattern here

I hope this helps! 

Thanks so much :)

1 hour ago, Goldfish123 said:

Sorry this might be a stupid question (I'm a first time applicant) but are all interview invites sent out on one day but different times? Or across multiple days?

Last year it was sent in two waves and it was all throughout the day. They were sent one at a time I believe. 

On 10/6/2020 at 3:39 AM, MUNMscCardio said:

My friend finally called the admissions office yesterday and he was told that invites will start being sent out on the 9th

Are you sure this is still the case? The Important Dates section on the MUN website has changed the dates for application review and now says they're reviewing till Oct 25. Did their message get sent before this happened?

For reference it says Oct 26-30: 

Applicants are notified of their application status, including interview offers. 

9 hours ago, shake-n-bake said:

Are you sure this is still the case? The Important Dates section on the MUN website has changed the dates for application review and now says they're reviewing till Oct 25. Did their message get sent before this happened?

Applicants are notified of their application status, including interview offers. 

omg... I have been obsessively checking like every day. This is going to be a painfully long wait

14 hours ago, shake-n-bake said:

Wow I’m only seeing this change now. When my friend called on the 5th, he was told that offers could be sent out anywhere between the 9th and the 27th and that there was currently a “large timeframe that could change”. So I’m not really sure what’s true anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...