Premed 101 Forums

Verifier Contacted = Full File Review?

Yeah I met both GPA and MCAT cutoffs.

And okay yeah good to hear I didn't realize that's how it was - I thought a full file review was reserved for applicants who seemed like they have a shot at a quick 5-min first glance or something (like checking GPA + lightly skimming ECs and then if they think youre a flop they just toss you out but if they think you're on the edge or above the edge then they do a full file review). That's great that they give a full file review to anyone who meets cutoffs though!

Wow! That's impressive!!! I wish i have done that.

Honestly, I'm also an applicant myself, but I feel like adcoms for UBC spend considerably amount of time reading the NAQ section of every qualified applicant. The NAQ part of the app is 50% pre-interview, so it is suffice to say that a thorough review is expected to occur. 

As long as you meet the requirements to apply as listed on the website you will receive a partial file review. If the score you receive based solely on your GPA and NAQ exceeds the interview cutoff, you will receive a full file review. That does not occur till interview offers have been sent out. So no, you are not currently receiving a full file review.

2 hours ago, acust said:

As long as you meet the requirements to apply as listed on the website you will receive a partial file review. If the score you receive based solely on your GPA and NAQ exceeds the interview cutoff, you will receive a full file review. That does not occur till interview offers have been sent out. So no, you are not currently receiving a full file review.

I think we're using different definitions of "full file review" - I don't mean a file review that includes looking at MCAT scores competitively or looking at grade trends etc. I purely mean a full review of non-academic entries we put (i.e. the calculation of an NAQ score for each applicant itself).

I had previously (mistakenly) thought that they don't even bother reviewing your ECs if they didn't feel like it was worth it, but I was wrong (I believe) - if I'm not mistaken, it's basically if you meet the minimums then they'll "go through the trouble" of evaluating your ECs to give you an NAQ score