Premed 101 Forums

Dal reject capser

Babyyoda4

Dal typically has a cutoff where anyone below 1.5SDs below the mean score of all applicants in the pool is rejected based on their casper score, so unfortunately your score probably is on the fairly low side. Never applied to Ottawa so can't speak to them, but for Mac you'd probably need pretty top-notch cars and gpa to make up for it, or you're likely pretty much out of the running there.

1 hour ago, Babyyoda4 said:

Hi I am from Ontario got an email today from Dal that I am no longer eligible because of my casper score. I thought the casper went pretty well and now I am worried for apply to mac and Ottawa. Does anyone know if Dal has a higher casper score for out of province students? 

Hey, Can I ask  what time did you get the email at? 

Did you still get the information to finish the Casper Snapshot? Maybe they will use that instead? 

1 hour ago, Macgirl said:

Hey, Can I ask  what time did you get the email at? 

Did you still get the information to finish the Casper Snapshot? Maybe they will use that instead? 

Hi I got it this morning and it says that my application has now been closed so I don't think would look at my snapshot even if I did it. Oh well thanks for the replies. 

1 hour ago, TheFlyGuy said:

Dal typically has a cutoff where anyone below 1.5SDs below the mean score of all applicants in the pool is rejected based on their casper score, so unfortunately your score probably is on the fairly low side. Never applied to Ottawa so can't speak to them, but for Mac you'd probably need pretty top-notch cars and gpa to make up for it, or you're likely pretty much out of the running there.

46 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

Ottawa uses CASPer, although no one knows how it's worth, that being said, if it's used competitively at all (and Ottawa is a school that likes to use things competitively) it's unlikely OP is going to have any luck.

Yeah I kinda figured my chances for Ottawa and Mac would be pretty low now my gpa is pretty high but my cars is only 126 so mac was a longshot anyways. 

Oh well  

1 minute ago, Babyyoda4 said:

@marsaturn20 I heard back from them today and my sister who also applied did as well saying that she still needs to complete the snapshot so if you got that one today then you probably met the capser cutoff!  

I hope so too! I've been anxious about my casper performance as it was literally a mess. Also, I wish you good luck on your other apps. 

1 minute ago, Spleen said:

Do you think they reviewed the CASPer scores written on both dates at the same time and have sent the rejection email to everyone? Could it be that today only the people writing the earlier date received there scores and there are more rejections coming tomorrow for those who wrote CASPer on the later date?

Maybe or maybe not. We might expect for more rejections to come in the next few days or we might just need to wait until the interview invites are being sent out. The process is certainly anxiety-provoking. I just hope we don't hear back from them again until October.