Premed 101 Forums

CASPer Rejection

On 9/22/2020 at 4:51 PM, JustTrynaGetMyMD said:

Hey,

Has anyone received a CASPer rejection before from Dalhousie (I got an email saying I didn't meet their minimum score) but still received an interview at other med schools that require the CASPer test (like uOttawa and McMaster)? Just trying to see if it's even worth applying with a bad CASPer test result.

Thanks!

Hey, just so you know you’re not alone. I have the same question. Unfortunately all my applications have been sent (like 1600$ worth of CASPer requiring apps throughout Canada). Very discouraging but there’s still a chance. Someone commented in another thread about not making an interview at Mac with high GPA and CARS (so low CASPer presumably) and being accepted at Ottawa. 

On 9/22/2020 at 4:53 PM, tommy_till said:

Did you meet the GPA/MCAT?

Dal sends an email rejecting all applicants who don’t meet the CASPer cut off at once & other stats are not factored in at this stage. The cut off is 1.5 SD below the mean for the respective applicant pool. I’m gonna go out on a limb and speculate that if OP applied it’s because they probably thought they met GPA/MCAT expectations. 

On 9/24/2020 at 1:26 AM, AKtoQC said:

Hey, just so you know you’re not alone. I have the same question. Unfortunately all my applications have been sent (like 1600$ worth of CASPer requiring apps throughout Canada). Very discouraging but there’s still a chance. Someone commented in another thread about not making an interview at Mac with high GPA and CARS (so low CASPer presumably) and being accepted at Ottawa. 

Hope it's the case for us. It's so annoying how Ottawa doesn't tell us how they use the CASPER score :(

17 hours ago, MedDalQuestion1 said:

Does anyone know if any IP applicants have received rejections due to Casper Score? From what I have seen, all those who got rejected are OOP.

They've always sent them out together from what i've heard in the past, no reason to think they would do it separately this year so i would assume that IP Casper rejections have been sent out