Premed 101 Forums

Invite Countdown

I agree with @greysweater. A lot of people don’t have any premed supports around them (me included) so it’s nice to be able to have a little group to talk to. Especially this year, where a lot of people are home and more socially isolated. While I agree no one needs to bug the admissions committee with emails, everyone is just anxious and excited! Live and let live.... if it bugs ya so much just don’t read the forums :wub:

21 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Hey! I completely agree with your statement 100% and not looking to ruffle your feathers ;) However, coming on here and engaging with others who are going through a lot of the same struggles as me is actually quite comforting and what keeps me going. My family and friends irl don’t really understand what it’s like, so knowing there’s a community out there that gets it is really important to me. So although we don’t want to help the neuroticism flourish, I also wouldn’t want people to take a step back from support they can’t get elsewhere, or feel ashamed from seeking it here, and I’d rather them express how they’re feeling to feel a little less alone :) 

Also in case anyone needs clarification - I was joking LOL, I don't actually think that Dalhousie forgot...well aware that COVID is the likely reason for the delay, it's just fun discussing the anxiety of waiting with others on this forum

15 minutes ago, corgi321 said:

Also in case anyone needs clarification - I was joking LOL, I don't actually think that Dalhousie forgot...well aware that COVID is the likely reason for the delay, it's just fun discussing the anxiety of waiting with others on this forum

21 minutes ago, mastermucocele said:

I agree with @greysweater. A lot of people don’t have any premed supports around them (me included) so it’s nice to be able to have a little group to talk to. Especially this year, where a lot of people are home and more socially isolated. While I agree no one needs to bug the admissions committee with emails, everyone is just anxious and excited! Live and let live.... if it bugs ya so much just don’t read the forums :wub:

Agreed! I love the sense of community that can be found here, compared to the feeling of competition between pre-med students. I find the neuroticism actually alleviates the feeling that I'm the only one who is obsessing a little bit, and gives me a little laugh :wub: 

So fingers crossed it is in the next 24 hours so that we can breathe a little easier over the weekend :)

I agree with everyone in the comments directly above! :) It's been really helpful, especially if you're in a COVID hot spot like me (e.g. Downtown Toronto) and even going for a walk to blow off some steam is not particularly recommended at this moment! No shame and hopefully we can keep providing this virtual community of support to those who feel they need it!

32 minutes ago, BigDreamer said:

Agreed! I love the sense of community that can be found here, compared to the feeling of competition between pre-med students. I find the neuroticism actually alleviates the feeling that I'm the only one who is obsessing a little bit, and gives me a little laugh :wub: 

So fingers crossed it is in the next 24 hours so that we can breathe a little easier over the weekend :)

was just about to say live and live lol ! We are getting judged right now, with judgement that will have a huge affect on our lives, and I don't mean from forum folks, lol, so if this bit of levity helps some folks de-stress then let this be a space where we can feel safe to vent a bit. And if ya don't like it then just look away ..good luck everyone 

1 hour ago, sally1999 said:

@Premedwithadream lool almost everyday someone posts this :P I hope so because the waiting is killing me.

1 hour ago, Premedwithadream said:

Will today be the day? 

Any thing?? Any word? I'm starting to get so antsy <_< I got an email at exactly 1pm EST and thought "yay it might be it"! It was just a junk email... 

1 minute ago, BigDreamer said:

Any thing?? Any word? I'm starting to get so antsy <_< I got an email at exactly 1pm EST and thought "yay it might be it"! It was just a junk email... 

My email just pinged and I saw the word "interview" and got excited...it was interview details for a job I applied to. Can't believe my brain thought "smh wrong interview invite"

Maybe they figured a 4 week interview notice is not necessary anymore because its all remote and no travels! So, everything is out the window! At best, a 2 week notice to get ready to sit in your home, in front on your laptop is enough. This gives them more time to prepare as they have to co-ordinate a lot of people for MMI / making sure volunteers have things like good internet service etc. Just think Covid and all the mess its created. 

8 minutes ago, TackleMD said:

Maybe they figured a 4 week interview notice is not necessary anymore because its all remote and no travels! So, everything is out the window! At best, a 2 week notice to get ready to sit in your home, in front on your laptop is enough. This gives them more time to prepare as they have to co-ordinate a lot of people for MMI / making sure volunteers have things like good internet service etc. Just think Covid and all the mess its created. 

I would much rather have a month to prepare :/

It's a possibility, but I also feel like it's going to be on a Friday since invites are normally sent out towards the end of the week. It has been an "interesting' two-weeks for me/you and everyone, and I feel like I am more mentally prepared about not receiving an invite from Dal as an OOP. Hopefully, the invites will be sent out tomorrow! :(

35 minutes ago, marsaturn20 said:

It's a possibility, but I also feel like it's going to be on a Friday since invites are normally sent out towards the end of the week. It has been an "interesting' two-weeks for me/you and everyone, and I feel like I am more mentally prepared about not receiving an invite from Dal as an OOP. Hopefully, the invites will be sent out tomorrow! :(

I mean clearly no pattern is being followed this year, which makes complete sense since it isn't a normal year. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they came out tomorrow since all the predictions in this thread so far have been wrong hahaha

47 minutes ago, marsaturn20 said:

Like 3 or 4 years ago it came out early during the week. Also, in the last like 5 years, the 26 of oct was the latest in came out. 

At this point I'm done speculating. It'll come whenever it comes. For each of the last 6 week-days (all 5 days last week plus the Friday prior) I've been incredibly unproductive from around 11 AM - 2 PM because I've been constantly refreshing my email and this page. Just going to forget it about it for now.

(and inevitably now it will come out tomorrow no doubt lmao!)

8 hours ago, Premedwithadream said:

At this point I'm done speculating. It'll come whenever it comes. For each of the last 6 week-days (all 5 days last week plus the Friday prior) I've been incredibly unproductive from around 11 AM - 2 PM because I've been constantly refreshing my email and this page. Just going to forget it about it for now.

(and inevitably now it will come out tomorrow no doubt lmao!)

Yea, I ended up giving up around Wednesday last week and just purposefully going groceries or something during that time frame so I wouldn't be tempted to refresh my email. It is out of our control and will come when it comes. Just gotta make sure this doesnt interfere with continuing with our trajectory of being successful in other areas! B) (But fingers crossed it is today!)

The dates were removed from the “Interview Weekend” portion of Dal’s med deadlines page.  I’m purely speculating here but here are a couple guesses as to why that is:

Dal is pushing interviews to later in the year to give themselves more time to set up the virtual interviews

Dal isn’t having a dedicated weekend (perhaps due to limitations with the virtual interview format) and will be doing the interviews over a longer period of time 

Dal’s interview will be a series of answers that you pre-record similar to CASPer snapshot (reeeally hope it’s not this one).

Again I’m just 100% speculating here, but the removal of dates has me thinking it’s not gonna be happening the regular weekend in November. What do you guys think?