Premed 101 Forums

FM +1EM specific questions

Hello everyone, I am a 4th year student hoping to get some collective insight.

Does the specific score on the MCC part 1 significantly play a role in the +1 EM selection process?

I am trying to pick a time and study strategy and am wondering if I should spend more time on (practical) learning for clinical practice (of EM) or maximize score, as these strategies necessarily differ in important ways.

11 hours ago, ToxicMegacolon said:

Does the specific score on the MCC part 1 significantly play a role in the +1 EM selection process?

I am trying to pick a time and study strategy and am wondering if I should spend more time on (practical) learning for clinical practice (of EM) or maximize score, as these strategies necessarily differ in important ways.

Practical learning 100%, and focus on EM specific topics/readings. 

On 10/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, ToxicMegacolon said:

No. MCC part 1 score does not significantly play a role in the +1 EM selection process. The three most important things are: (1) Letters of reference (2) elective performance (3) interview.