Premed 101 Forums
PRO_line

uOttawa pass/fail policy

Hi all,  considering that many students were forced to accept P/F for some of their courses during the winter 2020 semester (thus making more than 1 P/F per semester that uOttawa allows), will this academic year just not count for them in the new cGPA calculation? I was under the impression that they would be more understanding in these circumstances since many students did not have any control over this situation. 2 of my courses this semester were graded as pass/fail and I did not have an option to obtain a numerical grade

Thanks!

On 10/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, PRO_line said:

Hi all,  considering that many students were forced to accept P/F for some of their courses during the winter 2020 semester (thus making more than 1 P/F per semester that uOttawa allows), will this academic year just not count for them in the new cGPA calculation? I was under the impression that they would be more understanding in these circumstances since many students did not have any control over this situation. 2 of my courses this semester were graded as pass/fail and I did not have an option to obtain a numerical grade

Thanks!

I would personally contact the admissions. At uOttawa we were offered the option to make a class pass/fail and were reminded of the repercussions about some professional degree applications if we chose P/F. On their website it still says that they are keeping their original policies/requirements but may change due to COVID, but apply as if they aren't going to change it.