Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest UTMed07

Waitlisted.

Congrats to all of you that got an acceptance.

I want to know if U of T actually rejects anyone. I was looking on this thread and I couldn't see anyone posting that they were rejected. Does that happen, or are the 280 or so of us that weren't accepted on the waitlist?

Accepted 3.75-3.8

Grad student :D:D

Probably should add more now that I stopped hyperventilating.

Graduate student ( Direct PhD but now i'll come out with an M.Sc)

cGPA : 3.8, OMSAS: either 3.7ish or higher pending the formula.

MCAT: Passed cut offs

Publications: Many first authors and co-authors, and a good amount of international abstracts and presentations

extracurriculars: Good enough I guess, just did things I enjoyed.

It was UTSG campus btw and I did firm accept, see you all in August :) ( or before for people that wanna organzie a pub night =P!)!

Accepted UTSG.

I'm over the moon.

Grad applicant, course based Masters

Undergrad GPA ~3.5

MCAT 9/10/11/Q

Typical ECs (student government, theatre), lots of employment during undergrad (teaching kids, waitressing). Six pubs (2 first author), 12 abstracts (2 oral presentations).

Rejected.

Congrats to all who got accepted!

cgpa: 3.5

Grad applicant - Grad GPA 3.8 course based

Research: One 1st author publication, several abstracts and publications as 2nd or 3rd authors. Worked at Ministry of Health.

EC: Tons of volunteering, won national award for leadership in community work, etc.

MCAT: 33Q (passed cutoffs)

I guess my undergrad gpa is the killer here. In the interview, the interviewer actually criticized that my undergrad performance was mediocre and he could not see that I would do well in med school (yes he actually said that and I have a strong upward trend in upper level courses). So for future applicants, the story here is that undergrad gpa is KING. A grad degree might get you more publications and relevant work experience, but it can only get you an interview at best. Otherwise, your undergrad gpa will always put you at the bottom of the pile and it'll be a very difficult climb out of the hole, if not impossible. Hopefully I'll hear some good news from the western schools next week!

Accepted into UTSG!!! Finally calmed down enough to post here lol (can't believe this is happening!)

UT wGPA 3.94

MCAT 35R

I will be accepting with all my heart lol (got my first choice!). See you guys in August or sooner :)

Edit: I will be taking myself off Ottawa and Queens waitlists

Rejected :(

GPA: 3.98

3rd Year

MCAT: 38Q

UofT Interview: stone-cold panel, didn't feel too bad about my answers though...

Interviewed: McGill, UofT, Queen's, Mac, UofA, UofO

Rejected: UofT

Waitlisted: UofO ("unlikely to get an offer :p")

Waiting: UofA

Offered: McGill, Queen's, Mac

Accepting: :confused:

Congrats to all those who got in, and good luck to those waitlisted!

:eek: Rejected!

Time stamp: 10:25am May 5

OOP

11 13 11 Q

OMSAS GPA 3.70

Best two years around 3.83

PhD

Publications, and many testimonials of caring and sharing

Applied: Mac, UWO, Toronto, Queen's

Interviewed: UWO, Toronto

Rejected: Toronto

Accepted: UWO

Celebration plans: Paris

It was the interview wot done me in. I felt like a Reformer at a Liberal-NDP convention hosted by Margaret Atwood

Sigh.......I was totally rejected. Somehow convinced myself that this was my year.

My stats:

GPA = 3.7

Grad student

3 First-authored papers

LOTS of volunteer work (including international)

bunch of ECs.

Breaks my heart. Ah well...got accepted into Irish med school and must mull that one over.:confused:

Accepted UTSG

(will turn down Queens and Mac offers and UWO waitlist)

3.91 wGPA (MCAT above cutoffs)

MSc student first-time applicant, multiple publications and presentations/conferences. Taught english abroad and worked in a clinic abroad. Started a fundraising scholarship fund. Multiple research positions in undergrad. Medical First Responder with St. John Ambulance...

Accepted at UTM (9:13 a.m.)

wgpa 3.98

MCAT met cutoffs

4th year, graduating this summer

ECs - choirs, orchestra, chamber music, volunteering (teaching english and babysitting for years), external scholarships, awards/recognitions in music and art, NSERC USRA, 1 publication (2nd author), some international work. I think continuity was the key in my application.

UT is my absolute 1st choice and will be accepting!