Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

15 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

Guess I’ll get this going!

Time Stamp: 10:30 PM

Rejection

IP

MCAT: 510

AGPA: 90

NAQ: 41

AQ: 31

MCAT: 510

Interview: Above Average

This one definitely hurt :(

this is insane! i think your MCAT is fine, others have gotten in with lower. Am 99% certain its something to do with your references. Either red flagged or very lucklustre

TIME STAMP: 10:28am

Result: Rejection

Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
AGPA: 86.37
MCAT: 508
ECs: Non-Trad
Geography: IP
Interview: Average

NAQ: 24.74
AQ: 31.33

So choked. Would have been great to study close to home. But I guess living in a different city will be an adventure! Alberta (or Ontario) here I come!

TIME STAMP: 11:11am

Result: Waitlisted

Early or Regular Deadline: Early
AGPA: 87.52
MCAT: 513
ECs: Non-Trad, lots of things I love and long-term commitments
Interview: ???

NAQ: 26ish last year
AQ: 20ish last year, but I vastly improved how I wrote my app and spent way more time thinking of things to put on there

TIME STAMP: 2:14 EST

Result: Waitlist

AGPA: Around 88%? I don't remember exactly
MCAT: 509
ECs: Extensive and long-term. I'm a non-trad applicant. MSc completed.
Geography: OOP
Interview: Average. I didn't think it went particularly well... I definitely messed up on a couple of stations; however, I think I excelled at the writing station.

For some reason, I KNEW I would get waitlisted. I just knew. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to still have a chance :)

Congrats to those who were accepted!! To those who were rejected, I'm so sorry... I know how hard it can be. Please don't take it personally and know that a med school acceptance/rejection has little/nothing to do with your character and value as a person.

9 minutes ago, SandraC2017 said:

TIME STAMP: 2:14 EST

Result: Waitlist

AGPA: 86-87%? I don't remember exactly
MCAT: 509
ECs: Extensive and long-term. I'm a non-trad applicant. MSc completed.
Interview: Average. I didn't think it went particularly well... I definitely messed up on a couple of stations; however, I think I excelled at the writing station.

For some reason, I KNEW I would get waitlisted. I just knew. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to still have a chance :)

Congrats to those who were accepted!! To those who were rejected, I'm so sorry... I know how hard it can be. Please don't take it personally and know that a med school acceptance/rejection has little/nothing to do with your character and value as a person.

Nice work!  You're super close.  I think you hit the nail on the head - our culture is crazed about this path, and we all have bought into it being an indicator of our value.  It's not, and it won't make you happier day to day than doing another thing you find very meaningful :)

TIME STAMP: 2:11pm EST

Result: Waitlisted

AGPA: 92%
MCAT: 517
ECs: Community based volunteering and on-campus activities
Interview: 1 station felt rough, the others were okay.

I'm actually so happy to get a waitlist after so many rejections. 

TIME STAMP: 11:11pm PST

Result: Waitlisted

AGPA: 82%
MCAT: 512
ECs: Diverse experiences including leadership experiences 
Interview: 1 station felt rough, another one I reflected on I thought was bad and the written station was awful 

First time being waitlisted but should I assume this is a rejection since there is little WL movement?

2 minutes ago, Lesigh2 said:

Interview: 1 station felt rough, another one I reflected on I thought was bad and the written station was awful 

First time being waitlisted but should I assume this is a rejection since there is little WL movement?

Never assume, because anything is possible! It is less likely than at other schools though it seems. There were only 23 waitlist offers last year.

2 minutes ago, Lesigh2 said:

I thought about what I would do in case of a waitlist and I think I would plan my life as if I wasn't getting in and then in the chance that I did get an offer would figure it out at that point. I know you can't make an assumption that you've received a rejection (it might not move a lot but it does move!) but I tend to be a "plan for the worst, hope for the best" person

2:09pm EST

Just posting to mention I will most likely remove myself from WL in favor of another school. The movement for OOP is significant and hope this helps a well-deserving candidate.

3 minutes ago, GITG said:

Just posting to mention I will most likely remove myself from WL in favor of another school. The movement for OOP is significant and hope this helps a well-deserving candidate.

Does anyone know how the works in terms of if OOP and IP Waitlisters are separate? 

2 minutes ago, apple_med said:

Does anyone know how the works in terms of if OOP and IP Waitlisters are separate? 

my assumption is that by the time they have the first full list of acceptances, the oop invites are maxed out, and the people on the waitlist as an oop likely have higher scores than waitlisted IP applicants for the most part - so if an oop spot becomes available, then the next person with the highest score is likely another oop.. does that make sense?