Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Kirsteen

I'm an Ontario resident in graduate studies. My overall GPA was 81.6 (according to UBC GPA calculation policies), my last 60 credits averaged at 86.6, and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: S

I was waitlisted at all three sites by UBC and I am currently sitting in the top half of each of the site waitlists. This is my more than third time applying to this school.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest northpole

Hi there,

My marks/MCAT scores were really not that great.

8 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS Q.

My GPA was somewhere around 80%.

My pre-req GPA was perhaps a bit lower (that damn organic chem. really hurt!).

Congratulations everyone!!!!

Laura.

Guest Laadi

I'm a BC resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 92% and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (11)

Verbal: (9)

Biological Sciences: (12)

Written Sample: (Q)

I was accepted by UBC. This is my first time applying to this school.

Either U of T( if I get accepted) or UBC, haven't decided yet.

Laadi

Guest northpole

Hey there,

I forgot to mention in providing my GPA/MCAT stats that I was accepted this year. I'll be in PG.

Sorry about that! I'm still a bit of a spaz after hearing the news! :rollin

Guest northpole

ps.

this is my second time applying to UBC. Last year I did not get an interview. I also applied last year to U of C, Mac, and Memorial and didn't get any interviews there either! This year I only applied to UBC. I thought afterwards that that may have been a mistake to put all my eggs in one basket- but I guess it turned out well!;)

Guest sn0w0wl

I'm a BC resident in M.Sc. Toxicology graduate studies (undergrad was B.Sc. in Biology). I never worked out my 4-pt GPA (everyone calculates it differently, and my school didn't use a 4-pt system), but I only ever got one B+, rest A-, A, A+.

My MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Calgary, waitlisted by UBC (wish I knew where I lost marks). This is my first time applying to med school (chickened out pre-MSc).

Guest ubcpharmer

Hi

Overall GPA: 83%

LAst 60: 85.5%

PreReq: 76%

MCAT 10/10/10/R

I am a BC resident who just finished his Bsc. in pharmacy from UBC. This is my second time applying (last year rejested w/o interview)

Accepted to UBC vancouver site, waiting to here from Western and Manitoba

UBC is my first choice

Guest Bleepo

I'm an Ontario resident currently finishing my B.Ed. at U of T. I finished my B.Sc. last year at the University of Waterloo.

GPA: 3.96

MCAT:

Verbal - 9

Biological - 10

Physical - 9

Written - N

This is my first time applying to UBC, my second time applying to medicine. I was waitlisted at Memorial and still waiting to hear from UT and Ottawa. It'll be a tough call if I get accepted into UT or Ottawa as well. :rollin

Guest Jazz

Overall GPA: 85%

Last 60: 88%

PreReq: 85%

MCAT 11/13/12/Q

I am a BC resident and majored in biochemistry at UBC (graduated in 2003). This is my 2nd time applying to this school (accepted at Vancouver-Fraser site). I was rejected post-interview last year.

I also interviewed at Calgary (waitlisted) and Queen's.

I will be attending UBC.

Guest Thumbelina

Hey, I'm a BC resident graduating this year with a BSc. Pharm. and I was accepted to the Vancouver site.

Overall GPA: 85%

Last 60 credits: 88%

Prerequisites: 82%

MCAT: V-10,PS-11,BS-13,W-P

This is my second time applying, I was rejected last year after the interview. I also interviewed at Queens and UofT and am still waiting to here back from them.

Guest sparkle

Hi, I'm a BC resident and applied to UBC (as 3rd yr applicant).

GPA = 87%

last 60 = 87%

pre-reqs = 87%

MCAT = 8 (VR) 9 (PS) 10 (BS) O

Rejected after interview...oh well.

Guest dirk

I'm a BC resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.5 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by UBC. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UBC Med School) as my first choice, even though I was accepted at Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins and Berkeley. Oh no wait, I made that last bit up...I guess its contagious! The UBC bit is for real though.

Guest Novoulmi

I'm a BC resident.

PreReq/Last60/GPA = 80%/90%/88%

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: M (Ouch)

I was accepted by UBC IMP program, My first choice for school and my #1 site preference. I'm so excited to meet everyone. Congrats too all.

Guest UBClebronjames

Congratulations to everyone who was fortunate enough to get accepted! See you all Aug 30th

I'm a BC resident who graduated last year with a BSc. in Biopsychology from UBC (first two years at UofWaterloo) and I was accepted to the Vancouver site.

Overall GPA: 83%

Last 60 credits: 88%

Prerequisites: 80%

OMSAS GPA:

first year: 3.05

second year: 3.68

2/3 summer: 4.00

third year: 3.75

fourth year: 3.90

*fifth year (current yr) 4.00

MCAT:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 11

This is my second time applying, I was rejected last year without an interview. I also interviewed at Queens, UofT & Western and am still waiting to here back from them.

I'm a BC resident, graduated a few years ago in the US and returned to post-bacc to get prereqs. Blindly estimating UBC's conversion from the lower bound of alpha-only grades, my CGPA was approximately 78, prereq was 84 and my last 60 was 87. My MCAT scores was 36R:

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 12

I was accepted by UBC (VFMP (ranked 1)), Dalhousie, and Calgary, and Queen's. Interviewed at these four schools and was rejected without interview elsewhere. This was my first time applying.

Edited for new content and TV format

Guest kanayo101

I'm a BC resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 82-85% and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 8 :\

Written Sample: Q

I was rejected by UBC. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UBC as my first choice (only applied to UBC this year).

----

I am currently not an overly happy camper, but that will change soon enough!! Congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to the rest of us!

Guest ewon2003

Hi everyone,

I'll be joining you in Vancouver-Fraser program in September. It looks like lot of you in this site have very good grades and especially MCAT scores... makes me wonder how I got in.

here's my stats:

Overall %: 80%

Last 60 credits: 86%

Prereq: 77%

MCAT: 9/14/11 Q

Average extra-curricular and community service, nothing too interesting to talk about. Felt my interview went all right. I am still waiting from Queens and Western, but have decided to go to UBC.

Guest woodland

Here is my info:

I'm a B.C. Resident. Did my B.Sc. at UBC and am currently finishing my masters at UBC.

My overall GPA: ~80%

My last 60 credits: ~89%

My prereqs: 74.21%

My MCAT V=8, B=10, P=10, W=P

-woodland

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there ewon2003,

Felt my interview went all right. I am still waiting from Queens and Western, but have decided to go to UBC.
Are you from Ontario or a BC resident? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen