Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hi all,

Here's a quick questionnaire regarding the admissions process at Ottawa. We ran this questionnaire last year, and I'd like to keep it going on an annual basis so we can generate some profiles of applicants who have been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waitlist for each school. If you are applying this year, please take a few minutes to fill out the below questions. :)

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below; I will delete any non-answers in this thread. If you have any questions, please start a new thread so that this one stays on topic. Please check out the big thread in the General Premed Forum as well to let us know which schools accepted you, and which ones waitlisted you or rejected you: pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm0.showMessage?topicID=648.topic

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by Ottawa. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

Guest Sara

I am an ottawa resident (ONT)

This is my second time applying to Ottawa

I have finished a four year BSc.H at Ottawa

Ottawa is my first/second choice... I am still deciding if I want to go there....

Wt. GPA 3.85

MCAT 27

TONS of extra-curricular - hospital/government/st.john ambulance.......

Guest James Wong

I'm an Ottawa resident in undergraduate studies.

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my first time applying to this school.

I applied to Ottawa, Toronto, Queen`s and Mac.

Ottawa is my first choice and I will accept immediately.

James

Guest Melissa13

I'm an Onatrio resident in undergraduate Nursing studies.

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Ottawa!!!! as my first choice.

GPA 3.8-3.9

MCAT crap

Previous degree in Biology/tonnes of volunteer/extracurricular school stuff/happy smile

I'm a 3rd year Biopharmaceutical science student at U of O (accepted). This is my first time applying and Ottawa is my first choice. GPA 3.9, MCAT 36 S, Highschool drop out turned mature student, background as hospital cook, mural painter and mother and I was absolutely certain that my interview sucked. Who would have guessed?

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies.

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO or Ottawa as my first choice.

10-13-13-Q

Guest Josiane Nawar

I'm a 3rd year Science student at Ottawa U. I got into Ottawa. I also applied to Mac but haven't heard from them yet.

This is my first time applying to med school.

I am an Ontario resident.

I will accept Ottawa U.

Josiane

Guest bananagirl

I am an ontario resident, Mac graduate, "good" waitlisted by Ottawa.

This is my first time applying and ottawa was my only interview.

I will accept Ottawa (of course) if I should be so lucky for it to come through!

Gpa 3.8something

Guest heyheyhey

I'm a ontario resident in B.Sc Biology studies.

I was "bad" waitlisted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

Gpa 3.82

Mcat 33 S

Post interview impression: VERY VERY BAD. See I was right!!!!!! (p.s if people could post there post interview impressions we can create some sort of correlation between post interview impression and status :) )

Guest JSS02

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies. I just finished my 3rd year at U of T.

I was "bad" waitlisted at Ottawa. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO or U of T as my first choice.

GPA: 3.99

Guest PeterHill0501

You probably already know my story...

I'm an Ontario resident who has completed an undergraduate degree in Experimental Pschology (1 course short of a B.Sc.), a Master's Degree in Experiemental Psychology with a focus on basic vision research and 13 years of work experience (Pharmaceutical research, Research & Design at Nortel Networks, manager of large-scale qualitative and quantitative health-related research at Statistics Canada).

I was "bad" waitlisted by Ottawa (i.e., you are waitlisted but due to your ranking you are unlikely to get an offer).

This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend University of Ottawa as my first choice.

Guest sandy

i'm an ontario resident in undergraduate studies.

i was accepted by Ottawa and is my first time applying to this school.

i was accepted by Western, U of T, and Ottawa.

i'm definately not going to ottawa. i'm having a hard time deciding on Western or U of T, but more leaning towards Western.

sandy

I am a fourth year honours bachelor of science graduate in physiology.

I was accepted to U of O, UWO and U of T. This is my second time applying to these schools.

I will accept the U of O offer today and decline UWO (:( ) and U of T's today.

10-13-13-Q

3.95 GPA

Guest tutifruiti

I am so happy!!!!

The admission office called me on Wednesday and I've just return the call.

I have finished my third year out of a 4-year honours bachelor of science in biology option biotechnology at the University of Ottawa.

I only applied to UO and was waitlisted. This is my first time applying.

No MCAT

3.92 GPA (which only accounts for my 2nd year of university since I skip the 1st year thanks to IB... see taking IB worth it!)

sooooooooooo happy!!!! (o.

Guest ZZ top

I got a call too. :D

IM IN. Thank god, finally.

I wish the best for everyone.

I didn't have a good interview, so for all of you worrying-- don't.

9-9-10-P

3.80 GPA

Undergrad at Queens

Molecular Biology

• 1 month later...

I'm a PEI resident who graduated with HBSc in Chemistry.

I was rejected from Dal and U of T (no interview) and waitlisted to Memorial and Ottawa...the BAD list I guess. This is my first time applying.

Ottawa is, of course, my first choice. Good luck and congratulations to everyone else who applied.

• 10 months later...
Guest g22g

I am a Ph.D. student with family in Ont. My undergrad gpa 3.3, grad gpa 3.9.

Brief description of experience etc.:

Prehealth internships in ERs and ORs, resident assistant for 5 years, Student Health Center student director, lead lab instructor, lab manager, three years hospice volunteering, good research publications, international award for Student Health leadership, summer sabbatical in Baltimore MD, achievement reward (big stipend) for science, and hospice inpatient centre volunteer of the year award.

P11, V10, B12, L (Hint: Don't follow the Kaplan formula for writing essays) (Taken in '97)

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my first time applying to this school, but third time applying in total. I haven't applied in three years in order to complete the degree.

I did the firm acceptance to U of O!

Cheers,

g22g:eek :rollin :D

Guest schmoo

I am a PhD student in Neuroscience from Toronto .

First time posting, but an avid reader.

This is the first time I applied and the only interview I had!

Undergraduate GPA 3.3, Graduate GPA 4.0.

Looking forward to meeting you all in September!

I might have already met some of you at the interview.

J:rollin :smokin

Guest Huffer

I'm a Ontario resident just finished my 3rd year at Queen's. My GPA was 3.98 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 14

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my first time applying to this school.

Calgary was my first choice and I got in there, so I'll be declining the spot at Ottawa

Guest uwoheather

hi everyone,

my name is heather badalato, just finished 3rd year biochem at western, and i was offered first round admission to ottawa medical school!!!!!!

G.P.A. 3.95

my e-mail came at 9:43 am this morning

i am waiting to hear from mac before i make any final decisions about where to go for sure, but ottawa is a great school!

i'm from london

Guest northerngal

Hey everyone. I just got my email acceptance to Ottawa. This was my second interview at Ottawa and I will definately accept as this was my only interview. My GPA is 3.92 (by Ottawa's calculation) and I am currently in the middle of a MSc in biology. Congratulations to all those who got acceptances and to those who didn't, I hope you get a good waitlist letter!

Guest MA2003

I received my acceptance e-mail on Friday.

GPA 3.97

I didn't write the MCATs

Currently working on 1 yr MA

This is my first time applying

I also applied to Mac and received my big brown envelope today.

:rollin :rollin

Guest Tanya24

Hello friends,

After a weekend in limbo, I have received my Good waitlist letter from Ottawa.

WGPA 3.90

no MCAT

12 years of hospital volunteerism/children's choir director, thesis publication, research experience in diabetes

post-interview impression: not great, but not horrible either. They certainly did challenge me and try to see how I reacted under stress.

I have promised myself I will stop analyzing the situation and just hope to get a phone call.

All things considered, I am quite grateful to be on the good list. Good luck to everyone. The list WILL move!

edit: I got my phone call from Nicole on Monday June 16th at 9:05 am. I'm happy to say that I'm IN and looking forward to meeting the other 07ers soon!

Guest Ceeb23

Hey everyone,

I just finished my third year at Western in Biology and was accepted by Ottawa and Toronto!!!!

GPA: 4.0

MCAT: :rolleyes

I'm not sure which offer I will be accepting, but I think I'm leaning more towards Ottawa.