Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

thanks nychila.. Do you have any idea as to numbers for the CCLCM program? Do they have a certain amount of seats dedicated to that or how does it work? just trying to think as to why..

I did send an email asking them for reason(s) for the rejection and whether there were any serious issues, as it'd be informative for improving future applications. Don't know if they'll get back to me or not.. so far BostonU has, UChicago ignored me.

I would think that they are somewhat similar to that of Case. However, from my understanding CCLCM heavily emphasizes applicants' "fit" into their program, and their essays are rather important. They receive almost 2000 applicants from very qualified students for around 70 offers of admissions, so it is highly competitive. I'm guessing for low GPA applicants like us, this would be the reason why we get rejected.

I randomly came across one of your SDN posts, which led to your MDapps profile. Let me know if you hear from Einstein, Emory, Sinai, Jeff, or SLU, since I submitted those secondaries around the same time as you.

I would think that they are somewhat similar to that of Case. However, from my understanding CCLCM heavily emphasizes applicants' "fit" into their program, and their essays are rather important. They receive almost 2000 applicants from very qualified students for around 70 offers of admissions, so it is highly competitive. I'm guessing for low GPA applicants like us, this would be the reason why we get rejected.

I randomly came across one of your SDN posts, which led to your MDapps profile. Let me know if you hear from Einstein, Emory, Sinai, Jeff, or SLU, since I submitted those secondaries around the same time as you.

no worries nychila -- that's the reason for my MDapps profile :) and yes, will let you guys know.

considering 70 spots -- definitely not surprised then.. thanks for the information.

no worries nychila -- that's the reason for my MDapps profile :) and yes, will let you guys know.

considering 70 spots -- definitely not surprised then.. thanks for the information.

Roughly 35 spots & 70 acceptances - half of students whom are accepted chooses to matriculate elsewhere.

Roughly 35 spots & 70 acceptances - half of students whom are accepted chooses to matriculate elsewhere.

even worse!! EEK

on a ?good note... i noticed a bunch of people have been getting more rejections from Dartmouth yesterday and today via email... .. guess I'm still in the running for now.

Rejected at Pitt, which is both a research (ranked 15th) & clinical (UPMC) powerhouse. At least I'm in good company, seeing that tons of 3.9+ & 36+ with good research experience suffered the same fate.

also rejected at pitt this past week. still waitingggggg on everything else apart from brown/dartmouth (rejected also) and wayne (II).

Just got 'status of death' from UPenn.. :

"Complete - Application Update

The Committee on Admissions reviewed your application but has not invited you for an interview at this time. Additional reviews will occur and any change in your status will be communicated to you.

ALL ADMISSIONS DECISIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY MARCH 15."

seems like rarely people went from this status to interview, most rejected by ~ Jan25th. Oh well, was a HUGE reach for me.

Figured I'd post a quick update... Was complete at most schools in late July/early August

Interviewed - Wayne State (9/11), Georgetown (11/1)

Waitlisted (Post-Interview) - Wayne State (10/24)

Waitlisted (Pre-Interview) - George Wasington (August), SUNY (October)

Rejected - Case Western, Mayo, Dartmouth

Haven't Heard - Einstein, Columbia, NYMC, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, SLU, Yale

Figured I'd post a quick update...

Interviewed - Wayne State, Georgetown

Waitlisted (Post-Interview) - Wayne State

Waitlisted (Pre-Interview) - George Wasington, SUNY

Rejected - Case Western, Mayo, Dartmouth

Haven't Heard - Einstein, Columbia, NYMC, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, SLU, Yale

hey ottawamed--i PM-ed you.

On the side notice, I believe everyone's viewed this interview data bank on SDN although or even, I'd Highly recommend that. My partner and i viewed almost all of the issues intended for all of the colleges My partner and i interviewed from and My partner and i haven't much received JUST ONE question which i didn't have an solution intended for due to the data bank. It is most likely the perfect point I can did to get ready intended for my own job interviews. With luck , that will facilitates an individual.