Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Whew...

ACCEPTED! (Solus & E-mail timestamped 8:55)

Non-trad applicant, two degrees neither of which is a standard pre-med degree (one math/physics, one training to be an allied health professional).

cGPA: 3.55; Best two years: 3.95

MCAT: 41R (14P, 12V, 15B)

ECs: Research in multiple fields (no pubs, several presentations), child care and mentorship, hospital volunteering in multiple roles, a few random clubs/intramural sports, in-hospital quality improvement project.

Interview: Three MMI stations went really well, three were mediocre. Panel wasn't the best interview I've ever had, but went really well.

A bit stunned, this was the place I thought I had the worst chance.

Accepted :eek:

Checked Solus @ 3:00AM and received confirmation email @ 8:58AM.

OMSAS cGPA: 3.65 (most two recent ~ 3.75)

12BS 10PS 10VR R

Completed Masters

Above average ECs (extensive volunteer including international, several years of research, no journal pub but conferences, abstracts, presentations, part-time jobs throughout entire UG/Masters)

Completely blown away. Congrats to all who will get in this cycle and for those who don't, keep at it and learn from the experience. This was my second time applying and I wasn't sure I could overcome my lower GPA, but it is possible!

Will be accepting Queens.

Result: Rejected

cGPA: 3.84

wPGA: 3.92

MCAT: 11 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS, Q WS

ECs : 3 years of research, 5 conference presentations, TA'ed 6 courses, executive on a couple clubs, videographer at university and external organizations, helped develop courses at UofT, Tutor, hospital volunteer, campus Red Cross/Charity work, Student Advisory panel for new professors at UofT, a few awards, currently working at UofT as a Lab Technician, Lab Volunteer Coordinator and TA for 6 courses

Year: completed undergrad but not a grad student

Very disappointed with the interview. I was expecting this outcome so all is well!

9.14am email

Result: Rejected.

cGPA: 3.98

MCAT: 36T (13 PS, 13 VR ,10 BS)

ECs: Pretty diverse, lots of research, jobs, music, sports, leadership... lots of stuff I did because I wanted to, although not necessarily geared towards med school specifically.

Interview: Thought the panel went great but the MMI went poorly. Had 4 interviews and Queen's was the only one I felt bad about afterwards, so I'm not overly surprised!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I got into Mac and UofT so I'll see you all at Med Games next year :)

Waitisted, which is more than I thought I would get after my disaster of an interview. Will be withdrawing for U of T!

GPA: two year GPA 3.7x

PhD applicant with 5 publications

MCAT: 30Q

ECs: mostly health research advocacy and animal rescue organizations

wanted U of T as my first choice so very happy right now!

Waitlisted

GPA: 4.0

3rd year undergrad, IP

MCAT: 35R

ECs: above average

Interview: mixed feelings, panel was better than MMI but felt it was hard to tell how I did because of the way MMI was set up. Most likely will be withdrawing from wait list.

Good luck!

Accepted!

PhD Applicant

2 Year GPA: 3.96

cGPA: 3.64

Grad GPA: 3.9

MCAT: 31(11/10/10)Q

ECs: Research heavy (2 pubs, many conference presentations), some community outreach, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society volunteer etc

Felt the interview went very well.

I just got the axe from UofT so I've accepted the Queen's offer. Very excited!

Hi folks!

So just got the waitlist email (time: 9:08 am)

They're not telling me my spot on the list

Undergrad applicant -5th year

cGPA: 3.67

Queen's last two years: 3.8

MCAT: 35S (12/11/12 S) - PS/VR/BS

ECs: 2 years research (no pubs), 4 years volunteering at various hospitals/clinics, soccer - nothing extraordinary

I thought my interview went really well.

I will be withdrawing from this waitlist in favour of Western. Best of luck to those on you still on the list :D

I'm a Ontario resident that's completed my undergrad studies. My GPA was 3.9 (best 2 years) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: S

I was accepted by Queen's. This is my second time applying to this school.

SO. EFFING. EXCITED.

Result: Waitlisted

Best Two Years: 3.72 (completed Undergrad and Masters)

MCAT: 33O (11PS, 11 VR, 11 BS)

ECs: Research heavy (5 pubs - 3 lead author & 10+ presentations), crisis line and hospital volunteering for 3 years, leadership and sports activities. See previous posts for more detailed descriptions.

Felt relatively confident, although I messed up one station because I forgot a crucial part of the prompt

Will accept off the waitlist if the infinitesimally small probability comes through. Thanks Leo and Tberry3 for informing us of your rejections, it gives me some slight hope that the waitlist isn't just a default response to those who weren't accepted. Congrats on your guys acceptances at other schools!

PLEASE RESPOND TO THE POLL TO LET US WAITLISTERS BETTER UNDERSTAND OUR CURRENT SITUATION.

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78592

Waitlisted, timestamp 9:07 AM

wGPA: 3.92

MCAT: 36R

ECs: Well-rounded - lots of volunteering, some extracurriculars, research (no pubs), royal conservatory piano

Interview: Thought it went well overall and I came out of it with a good feeling but I guess it didn't go so great after all!

To all those waitlisted, there is still hope!

Waitlist

cGPA: 3.65

wPGA: last two years--> 2.97 (one bad year out of 4 years of undergrad) and 3.91

MCAT: PS, VR, BS, WS 10, 11, 12, Q

ECs: 2 pubs in undergrad (not first author), been volunteering at a senior home and CAMH for about 5 years each

Year: 3rd/4th/MSc/PhD applicant? MSc

IP/OOP: IP

Will be withdrawing from the waitlist in favour of Uoft!

Waitlist.

cGPA: complicated (I'm almost finished a second degree, took a bunch of courses between the two degrees, but that counted towards my second degree)

last two years: 3.96/4.00

MCAT: 14/12/10 S

ECs: mostly fitness and nutrition related, project management jobs, engineering jobs (first degree was in engineering), research (no pubs)

As foretold by the great prophet Solus at the holy hour of 12 p.m. on May 13: Waitlisted (aka probably not getting in).

cGPA 3.63 2 year 3.71

MCAT 10 BS 11 VR 10 PS WS-S

Interview: Thought it went very well especially the panel. One mediocre station for MMI. Really could not have done anything different TBH, so I guess my best is not good enough.