Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest californicator

I am an Ontario resident who just finished 4th year at Queen's.

GPA:3.89

MCAT:10VR 11BS 12PS Q WR

Extremely poor interview. No disrespect (I loved the school during undergrad), but I've never experienced so much clockwatching and shoe-lace tying in any conversation that I can remember at any point in my life.

Guest Ciara

I'm a BC resident (but living in Ontario)

I was accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school - last year I applied to Mac only.

last two years GPA ~3.9

MCAT: 11-VR, 10-BS, 13-PS, P

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies (Eng, Waterloo).

GPA: cumulative 3.59, 3.72 last 2 years

MCAT

PS: 10

BS: 10

VR: 13

WS: R

I was rejected by Queens. This is my first time applying.

Guest coastal79

I'm from BC, graduated in 2002 with a BA in English from UVIC. A- average, which translated to everything from a 3.66 on the OMSAS to a 3.82 at U of A. MCAT result was 13-15 VR, 10 PS, 10 BS, Q.

I was accepted to Queens and it is my first choice. First time I applied to this school, last year I only applied to UBC.

Guest junglistMD

I just spoke with the representative at Queen's, and I was waitlisted for enrollment in Sept. 2004. My statistics are:

GPA: 3.86

MCAT:

Physical - 9

Verbal - 11

Biology - 12

Writing - T

I'm still waiting to hear from Western and Toronto. I only applied to Mac last year, and was rejected.

Guest Raucus Bacchus

I just got a waitlist letter. This is my first time applying to this school.

GPA: 3.8something?

MCAT: BS14; PS13; VR11; WSQ > 38Q

Guest cosmeticgrl

I'm an Alberta resident who just defended my PhD from U of T last week. My MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (11)

Verbal: (12)

Biological Sciences: (15)

Written Sample: (P)

I was waitlisted) by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Guest Steve U of T

I'm an Ontario resident who just finished an Hon.B.Sc. at U of T. Cumulative gpa at time of application was 3.79.

MCAT: VR 12, PS 14, BS 13, WS R

This was my first time applying to this school, and I was rejected.

Guest DrTK

I'm an Ontario resident just finished my 3rd year of Biochemistry at Mac. I was waitlisted at Queens, accepted at Mac, still waiting for Western. Haven't decided what I'm doing yet! Here are my stats:

MCAT

BS - 13

PS - 10

VR - 11

Writing - R

GPA 3.76

This is my first time applying to Queens.

I'm a BC resident graduated in 2001. CGPA was approx. 3.4, last two years 3.9. MCAT 36R

VR 12

BS 11

PS 13

WS R

I was accepted to Queen's. This was my first time applying.

Guest Lorae

I'm an Alberta resident with a BScN (nursing). This is my first time applying to Queen's and I was accepted. Here are my numbers:

CGPA: 3.79

MCAT: 32R

PS: 9

VR: 10

BS: 13

I'm pretty sure I'll be attending Calgary!!

I'm an Ontario resident with a BSc. (bio). My GPA was 3.89 and MCAT was: PS 9, VR 12, WS R, BS 13. I was waitlisted at Queen's and Ottawa and accepted by Western.

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

hey everyone! Congrats!! I'll be joining you all next year :) YAY! This is my first time applying and here are my stats

GPA=3.9

VR=9

PS=10

BS=13

WS=R

Congrats again to everyone:)

Guest Med2B

Waitlisted. I'm surprised it wasnt a rejection considering the amount of clockwatching I received during my interview. My interview panel seemed more nervous and uneasy than I was. I wonder if I had a huge coffee stain on my shirt or something.

Anyway, my stats:

Just graduated with Hon BSc. in Biochemsitry from UofA

GPA: 3.8x I think

MCAT: VR = 12 PS = 14 BS = 12 WS = Q Total = 38Q

I had interview offers at UofT UWO UofC UofA and Queen's

I was accepted during the early round at UofA and will be attending there next year. I was also waitlisted at UofC.

Guest Mirah

M.Sc. CGPA (2003) = 4.00

B.Sc. cGPA (2001) = 3.49

MCAT = 32 (VR=9,PS=11,BS=12,WS=?)

Both degrees at McGill University, I applied last year and was rejected by all Ontario schools & McGill. I am currently working as a medical writer in a CME company and as a unit coordinator in a Montreal hospital. I'm waitlisted at Montreal, Dalhousie, and maybe McGill too.

My advice: Don't give up. I can hardly believe I've been accepted but I knew medicine was what I wanted to do and have worked towards it for the last five years. If I can get in with my 55 in OrgII, anyone else who really wants it can too. OK, I know, I'm being too verbose. Good luck to waitlisters and Congrats to others accepted.

Guest justanotherpremed

I'm a Saskatoon resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.91 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: M

I was rejected by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (used to be Queen's) U of S as my first choice.

:hat :smokin

Guest coleflower

I'm a UW kinesiology grad. My GPA was 3.97 and my MCAT scores were:

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: Q

I was rejected by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

I'm crossing my fingers that either Toronto lets me in or the Ottawa waitlist moves a whole lot...:\

Guest rookiemeds

Just got an acceptance from Queen's, by far my first choice in Ontario.

cGPA - 3.7

MCAT - PS 9, VR 11, BS 12, WS R

I'm still waiting on UT and Western but I've been accepted to Dal and will likely be heading down East in the fall.

Guest deamd

I am a 3rd year B. Med Sci student at Western, just accepted to Queen's. first time applying.

My GPA - about 3.7, 3.8

MCATS:

V- 10

P - 10

B - 12

W - R

Have a previous undergrad and graduate degree, 4 years working as a Speech-Langauge Pathologist, and some pretty good extracurriculars. Interview went well; a bit more restrained than other interviews, but pleasant.

Am going to decline the offer in favor of either Western or UBC.

Congrats all!

Dea

Guest DonaldKaufman

I'm a Nova Scotia resident who graduated from Dalhousie in 2001 with a B.Sc. in Biology. My GPA was 3.88 (or so) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 13

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: O

I was waitlisted by Queens. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'm going to be attending Dal, since it is the only one that realizes how awesome I am.

:lol

Guest MDSMelissa

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.86 and my MCAT scores were:

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: O

I was rejected by Queen's post interview. This is my second time applying to this school.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oregano112

I'm an Ontario/Alberta (both) resident with a complete BioMedical Sciences Degree from University of Guelph. My GPA was 3.85 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: N

I was waitlisted by Queens but I got my acceptance yesterday!! This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend QUEENS!!!!! as my first choice.

Guest Thumbelina

Hey, I'm a BC resident graduating this year with a BSc. Pharm. and I was accepted to Queens today off the waitlist.

overall GPA: around 3.8 I think

MCAT: V-10,PS-11,BS-13,W-P

This is my first time applying, I was also accepted by UBC and I'm on the waiting list for UofT.

Guest Gunz4Sale

What up y'all? I too got the magical e-mail a couple of days ago. However, I got into UWO (my first choice) so that's where I'll be headed. Stats and such:

Rep for Scarborough, just did a BSCH in Life Sci at Queen's

GPA - 3.74 (all years)

MCAT - 12-12-12-S

Nothing too amazing in my application but strong overall. I think I interviewed pretty well. Good luck to waitlisters...it sucks @ss but it keeps hope alive!