Premed 101 Forums

List of US Schools Accepting Canadians

The Law

• 2 weeks later...
I've been curious about policies like these (G-town is not the only one). I suppose it's just a $ grab for the most part. 19 int'l interviewed last year and 0 matriculated :confused: .

It could mean that they were all rejected or some were accepted and chose not to attend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted about this on another thread as well (before thinking about it).

However, here is an update:

Do you accept non-citizen applicants?

No. However, we do accept applications from US permanent residents.

This is from their MD admissions FAQ section.

Could someone please update the list on page 1?

I was excited about Albany and was even going to visit them this weekend (since I am in NY right now anyway). And then my dream was upset :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.evms.edu/apply-home/md-admissions-application-home.html

The MCAT and a minimum of 100 college semester hours at an accredited American or Canadian university are required. Beginning with the 2012 entering class only U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.will be consiered for admission.

good thing i got in just in time!

Just wondering if there are any American schools that accept Canadians but do not require Orgo or English?

Almost all of the ones I looked at thus far require those 2 courses :confused:

Almost? Let us know which ones don't. Every single school requires Orgo + English in the US that accept int'l students. If someone knows better, help out please.

I think as the cycle is coming to an end, it would be a good idea for us who applied last year to provide an updated list of schools, for next year's applicants' sake. I know that Albany and EVMS don't take Canadian's anymore. Maybe Law could make a new and updated list so it could be stickied?

I think as the cycle is coming to an end, it would be a good idea for us who applied last year to provide an updated list of schools, for next year's applicants' sake. I know that Albany and EVMS don't take Canadian's anymore. Maybe Law could make a new and updated list so it could be stickied?

Sounds like a great idea. That would be really helpful for people like me who are going to apply in the coming cycle.:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...