Premed 101 Forums

Do schools care what I'm doing in the mean time?

berrypie

I just got a really interesting research job last week (yay! btw, I've been unemployed since the Aug MCAT and I've been holding out for the right job...!).

I'm wondering if this could potentially affect my chances for admissions at Ontario schools for the current application cycle. Does anyone know if I should send a letter to the schools to tell them what I'm up to now, or will they not consider any info after submitting the OMSAS app?

I wouldn't worry about sending them a letter about your new job. Most schools probably wouldn't get around to reading it anyway (knowing the volume of stuff they have to get through). They will make their interview invite decision based on what you have already submitted. And, to be honest, getting a new job really won't impact that much the content of the application that you have already submitted.

However, if you get an interview, be sure to emphasize what you have been up to this year and be sure to have some interesting stories about your interesting job to tell.

The interview is the place to highlight things that have happened in your life since the OMSAS application was submitted.

Archived