Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted to London Campus. I'm still a bit shocked. My offer is conditional though, as I finished my undergrad degree only this April. Anyone else receive a conditional offer?

Top 2 years GPA: 3.9

SWOMEN applicant status: Non-Swomen

MCAT: PS:10 VR:11 BS:11 S

ECs: Volunteer at Clinic/Hospital, many hours for charitable organizations, member of health-oriented club at U of T.

Interviewed: Western & Mac.

Accepted: Western.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Top 2 years GPA; 3.93 and 3.95

SWOMEN applicant status: Non-Swomen

MCAT: PS:14 VR:11 BS:14 R

ECs: Bone marrow courrier, research, music, my own charity, canadian blood services etc.

Interviewed at Mac, Western, Ottawa, and Toronto

OMG wow I cannot believe this is is happening. It really is a dream come true. I'M SO PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is crazy ... but I am in to Western, London campus!

Top 2 years (well my only 2 years at the time of the application haha): 3.9

Western's GPA calculation let me drop a couple marks each year because I took more than a full course load, and that really helped my GPA. Guess it doesn't matter that I did even better this year now! :)

MCAT: 31R (11PS/10VR/10BS) yay SWOMEN!

EC's: coached soccer in the summer for 5 years, some clubs/intramurals at school, piano, lifeguard, snowboard instructor, NSERC usra in a biomechanics lab after 1st year.

Rejected at McMaster, but Western was my first choice :) Applied through MD/BESc program. Thought interview went well.

Thanks so much to rmorelan, ellorie, and other people on here who are so good at answering Schulich-specific questions - you were all very helpful! :)

Waitlisted (Normal, I think)

Top 2 Years: 3.84

Non-Swomen

MCAT: 33Q (11/11/11)

ECs: Jobs, research, hospital volunteering, shadowing

I thought the interview went well but oh well...more waiting :(

Congrats to everyone who got in. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to join you guys later on.

Status: Wait listed, high position. Does this actually mean a better or worse chance of getting in than the regular wait list??

Top 2 years GPA: 3.85 & 3.76

SWOMEN

MCAT: 11/10/11R

ECs: canadian blood services, LDAO, intramurals, hospital volunteering

Interviews: UWO only

8:38

Accepted to London!!! wow ..stunned in a way.. thought that the interview went well.

GPA: 3.95 (not sure due to my overloaded program)

wow..you just get used to being in pursuit of the dream for so long..this will be a huge adjustment! :)

A big thanks to RMORELAN who replied to my panicked PMs about possibly re-writing MCAT last year! It's nice to know that there is always someone there to answer.

Can't wait to meet everyone! not sure how I'm going to work today..on cloud 9

Accepted (8:57 AM, must have been done alphabetical)

3.97 cGPA, 4.00 best two years

38(39?) S MCAT

Interview went good for 2/3 in my panel, I thought the 3rd person really disliked me. I guess not.

Extracurriculars are pretty average or below average. Hospital volunteering, a lot of tutoring, student government.

Will almost certainly be accepting.

Accepted to "unspecified campus" at 8:51am

OOP

GPA: 3.81, 3.76 best two years (dropped best year cause it was only 28 credits)

MCAT: 13PS, 12VR, 11BS, R

I am thrilled and completely shocked. I thought the interview went really poorly (I was pretty sick and I even largely lost my voice) but I am so happy to be wrong!

See you guys in the fall!

I'm a Quebec resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.81 and my MCAT scores were: 35Q

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: Q

I was high waitlisted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UdeM as my first choice but am super happy if I get to go to an English medical school! :D

Never thought I would be writing one of these, absolutely elated right now :)

Accepted!! SWOMEN, just finished my BESc.

Best 2 year GPA was 3.87 and my MCAT scores were:

P: 14

V: 12

B: 10

W: S

Second time applicant. Was also waitlisted for Mac but I am definitely accepting this offer :):)

Accepted at Unspecified campus - Accepted to London campus on June 4th.

Top 2 years GPA: 3.89 (cGPA 3.84)

non-SWOMEN

MCAT: 32Q (10PS/11VR/11BS)

ECs: 2 research positions (no publications), 1 long-term employment, involvement with a university club.

Did not think my interview went very well at all, so surprised at the offer. Really had my heart set on Western after my interview, but unspecified campus kind of puts a damper on things. Also interviewed at McMaster and Queens and received offers from both. Big decision to make!

Accepted to 'Unspecific' campus, timestamp 9:17.

cGPA: 3.99

wGPA: 4.00

4th Year

MCAT VR 11, PS 12, BS 13, WS R

A lot of research experience, contributing to 3 publications, presenting at a conference and 2 summer NSERC awards. Extensive involvement in Music, performing and teaching guitar. + Mentoring, hospital/retirement home volunteering, tutoring etc...

Had a really cold panel for my interview, but things worked out well! I'll probably be accepting U of T. Good luck everyone!

- Andrei -

Applied: U of T, Western, Ottawa, Mac, Queens

Interview: U of T, Western, Ottawa, Mac

Accepted: U of T, Western, Ottawa, Mac

Accepted at 8:42am to london campus. This is my second year applying... last year I was waitlisted (regular), so it just goes to show that persistence really does pay off, and if you really want something you shouldn't give up easily!

Top 2 year GPA= 3.89

SWOMEN

MCAT= 11 9 10 R

ECs= research (no-pubs), lots of volunteering (at a local hospital, medical clinics overseas, tutoring)

Congrats to everyone!!! Looking forward to meeting you all!

High position wait-list at 9:00AM

One year GPA: 3.93 (Offer would be conditional, but this year's GPA is 3.94, so I'm ready for you, Western!)

MCAT: 32Q (12PS 8VR 12BS)

SWOMEN

ECs: Quite a few part-time and full-time jobs (sales, bartending), club executive for years, lots of volunteering and charity work, shadowing, a few random hobbies, etc. ..Barely mentioned any of it in the interview though, so it probably doesn't even matter :P Felt SO AWFUL coming out.

Hopefully this thing moves!! So anxious! :(

Accepted to london campus. This is my first time applying.

cGPA= 3.45 (with two failed courses)

Top 2 year GPA= 3.93

NON-SWOMEN

MCAT= 10/11/11/Q

ECs= research (no-pubs), volunteering (hospital, community fundraisers, tutoring, soccer coach, lots of work hours as server/bartender during UG)

Torn between Western and Calgary (current city).

Congrats to all accepted and wait-listed, and to those who received regrets, do not give up!!

Regular Waitlist. First time applying (4yr UG at UofT)

cGPA= 3.33 when applied (now 3.48)

Top 2 year GPA= 3.73 and 4.00 this year (would be a conditional offer)

Non-SWOMEN

MCAT= 10 PS / 14 VR / 10 BS / R

ECs= 4 summers of research (2 hospital, 1 at uni, currently at oxford), multiple publications (one 1st author) and poster presentations, 300+ hours volunteering at hospital, organized enviro conference for all high schools in Toronto, multiple sport teams, musician (performed at Roy Thompson Hall), receptionist at walk-in clinic, etc.

Completely devastated. I thought the interview went really great, but I guess my GPA is holding me back. Really wish they would consider this year's marks.