Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest p0stman
Looks like there are three of us who have had this happen so far.

Yup, and I believe she mentioned I will be receiving a new email from UWO and have to accept through OMSAS again. Would I have to resubmit my transcript, risk form, coat, immuno, etc. etc. again?

EDIT: Nevermind, just received the email :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Non-SWOMEN Ontario resident

GPA best two years- 3.85

MCAT:14P, 11V, 12 B, R

Applied: Western, Toronto, McMaster, Queens and Ottawa

Interviewed: Western, Queens

Waitlisted: Western

Accepted: Western (Windsor campus)

congrats! Was this late in the game or just an late posting :)

So I'm going into my 3rd year of health sci here @ western and just wanted to confirm that western looks at your two best years above 3.7? my first two year averages were br00tal (yr 1=70, yr2=70). course load this year should be much easier and hopefully gpa the next 2 years should be around 3.8's... in terms of ec's i do bjj/mma, shadowing the surgical transplant team at lhsc, volunteer research since year one and hopefully continuing all that this year.

your thoughts?

• 6 months later...

Rejected Pre-Interview

met all the cutoffs except for verbal.. those %#@$%@#$^%$^##s !!! sorry :( i think its ridiculous that the verbal cutoff on the mcat is the higher than the bio cutoff and .. honestly their gpa cutoff as well .. i mean like really ? an 11 in verbal is the 85th percentile. yes sure it makes THEIR work easier bc they dnt hve to interview as many candidates but its really unfair bc they're cutting out a lotta ppl who cud be really gud doctors. i dnt think its a fair cutoff. okay im done my rant.

Just received an invite after an initial rejection. I had argued the rejection and apparently they agreed.

GPA: 3.89 (3rd year), 3.77 (4th year)

MCAT: 14/13/12/P

Reason I was initially rejected was that I did not have enough upper year courses in 4th year, but I argued that because I was on a co-op program not all courses were offered each year (on and off campus in different terms including the summer). Also, because I took more than enough in 3rd year (9/10 were 300 or 400 level) and my GPA was higher in 3rd year than 4th year, if I had taken some of those courses in 4th year rather than 3rd year my GPA would still have been higher than 3.7.

I am not sure if this reasoning is the only reason they changed their minds. They may also have taken into account that I have completed a Master's degree and my GPA during my Master's was ~3.95.

• 2 months later...

I'm an ON resident (SWOMEN) and finished undergraduate studies. My wGPA was 3.77 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: Q

I was waitlisted by UWO with no indication given of rank. This is my first time applying to Western

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO as my first choice.

Hoping this thing moves with UHaul-like efficiency...