Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Regular Wait List

SWOMEN

MCAT: 11PS/10VR/"R" WS/10BS

GPA best 2 years: 3.8 in each year

Best of luck to everyone. Waiting is NOT fun and it's not like we haven't already done so much of that... but this is definitely not over yet.

Just received a letter saying that I will be getting an offer (time stamp 2:34), but that technical difficulties are preventing sending the offer letters!

Stats:

GPA: 3.83 (best 2 years)

MCAT: 14/13/12/P

Interview: Came out feeling great!!

So excited right now I can't even describe it!

edit: received an official letter with no conditions (and accepted the offer), non-SWOMEN, London campus

Accepted :)

London Campus (Non SWOMEN)

cGPA: 3.65 (best two year 3.85)

MCAT: 10/11/10/Q

B.A.(2009)

Thank you all so much for the support! Best of luck to everyone!

EDIT: Just wanted to add a few details for future applicants. :)

Interview: I didn't feel very good about my interview, and I actually felt much better about my performance at the Queen's interview, so that just goes to show that you never know what will happen.

Grades: Similarly to Shikimate, my GPA in first year was around 3.3 but I worked really hard to bring it up. If you can finish strong then it really pays off for schools like Western, Queen's and Dal which take into account either your best two years or your final two years.

SWOMEN applicant, 4th year undergraduate from the University of Windsor. Just graduated from the Behaviour, Cognition, and Neuroscience program.

OMSAS cGPA: 3.92 (best 2 years is higher)

My MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: S

Applied to: UWO, UofT, Mac, Queens, Ottawa, and Calgary

Rejected pre-interview: UofT & Calgary

Intervewed: UWO, Mac, Queens, Ottawa

Rejected post-interview: Mac

Waitlisted: Queens, Ottawa

Accepted: UWO!

UWO was my top choice! I got kind of depressed in the morning after one rejection and 2 WL's, but this so makes up for it!

ECs: doctor shadowing on/off for a year or so, 4 years of research (including an honours thesis, 3 conference presentations, authorship on several abstracts accepted at conferences, 2 NSERCs, one summer and several semesers of paid research work, no publications), 2 years as an advisor at the UWindsor advising centre, long-term member of a student club (1 exec position in it) and then some hobbies: guitar and frisbee mainly. Never stepped foot in a hospital.

Getting into medical school is a long journey and a multi-step process. Tackle each step one at a time. Like many others, I've dreamt of being able to post in this thread. Now I'm proudly doing so as a member of the class of 2015!!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet both my Windsor and London counterparts! It's going to be a great four years everyone!