Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Steve U of T

Ontario resident, just finished Hon.B.Sc. in physiology at U of T

2 best years gpa = 3.89

MCAT: Verbal 12, Physical science 14, Bio science 13, Writing R.

I was waitlisted.

Guest 123helpme

VR 10

BS 10

PS 10

WS R

I've just finished my third year of a Biology degree at Western. 1500 + volunteer hours, Co-authorship on a paper with a few abstracts. Best year 3.97.

I've been accepted to UWO and waitlisted at Mac.

UWO is my first choice, see u in september!

Waitlisted.

Just finished undergrad Eng from Waterloo. Using Sept-Apr as an academic year, I technically had no full GPA year when I applied - not sure how it'd be handled.

MCAT: BS-10, PS-10, VR-13, WS-R

Guest ClimbOn

Waitlisted

BC applicant, just got my BSc from UBC.

Not quite sure what my GPA is, but my percentage is around 85%.

MCAT: V 9, P 14, B 12, W S

Rejected Memorial and UofC pre-interview, rejected by UBC after a horrible interview, and waitlisted by UT. I'm still waiting to hear back from UofA.

Guest summerbeach

I am waitlisted at UWO, UofT, & Ottawa (Rejected by Mac pre-interview) . I'm just finishing my Master of Physical Therapy.

GPA: 3.7? (not too sure)

MCAT: 9V, 9P, 10B, R

Guest Gill0927

Graduate (2003) of U of Ottawa in Honours Psych (BA). Spent this past year taking 3 science courses to satisfy pre-reqs. This year was my first time applying.

MCAT (April 2003):

V: 11

PS: 11

BS: 10

WS: S

Total:32S

Rejected pre-interview by Mac, Waitlisted at UWO, Ottawa, Toronto, and Queen's. Hopefully one will come through for me!

Gill

Edit: I have been accepted to Ottawa and Western so far. I'm leaning towards Western, but haven't firmly decided. Good luck to the rest waiting!

Guest MikeD

Just graduated from Waterloo Systems Eng.

GPA: 3.94

MCAT

VR: 9

BS: 12

PS: 12

WS: S

Went from thinking "best interview ever" right after the interview to the more realistic "worst interview ever" ala the Simpson's comic book man.

I have the "London advantage"...but it hasn't done much for me yet...hopefully the waitlist moves a tonne.

Guest willis

I'm a NS resident who graduated with a BSc(Honours) in 2003 in Neuroscience. My OMSAS GPA best year was 3.96 (3.8 for all 4 years) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: R

(I only wrote the cursed MCAT once)

Waitlisted by UWO (1st time applicant). Accepted at Dal (2nd time applicant). Rejected pre-interview at Memorial (no surprise there).

Of all the schools I applied to I would like to attend Dal and therefore I am withdrawing from the UWO waitlist. Hopefully that might help someone.

I actually got in off the waitlist, but am declining my position.

Guest jgrad

MCAT: 9, 10, 11, Q

GPA (best year): 3.95

This year was my first time applying. Just graduated with a B.J. from Carleton University with a minor in bio. I was accepted by Western and Ottawa, and will be accepting the offer from Ottawa.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Guest mdhopeful23

apparently western is the bestern!

i signed the forms tonite, will courier them in the morning. ive rejected mac and ottawa (both awesome schools, took me a long time to come to this decision...basically pbl isnt for me, and the other is farther than i want to go right now)

thanks to anyone and everyone who answered my many many questions! i think im going to take a lil break from this board...ah, time to celebrate :D:D

see you all in september!

oh, my stats:

overall GPA: 3.87 (best year 3.95?)

mcat: 9p, 9v, r, 10b (barely made the cutoffs!)

lots of volunteering

Guest Ticket

I was waitlisted by Western, but accepted by Ottawa, Calgary, Dal and MUN. I have accepted MUN.

I graduated with B.Sc. Physics/Math: (3.9/4).

PS 11

VR 10

BS 10

W R

Thought my interview went really well with Western. Guess not!!

Guest Turquoise678

Hi! I finished my third year of a biology degree here at UWO. I was accepted first round into UWO, U of T, and Mac. I will be attending UWO!

My GPA was 4.0.

MCAT: Verbal 10, Physical Sciences 9, Biological Sciences 10, Writing S.

Good luck to everyone else and see you guys in September!!!:D

Guest shrinkage

I'm an Ontario resident in graduate studies. My GPA was 3.74? in undegrad and 3.82? in grad. and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: Q

I was waitlisted by UWO. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend either UWO or Queen's as my first choice.

Guest blinknoodle

I'm an Ontario resident and did my undergrad at McMaster in their Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) programme. My overall GPA was 3.97 and best 2 years ~3.98 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: Q

I was initially waitlisted by UWO, but accepted June 17. This is my first time applying any medical school. I also applied to Ottawa (bad waitlisted) and Toronto (waitlisted). Ottawa was my first choice (my hometown) but Western is a high second.

Guest Gunz4Sale

GGGGGGGG G-UNIT!!!!!

Accepted at UWO and Queen's, coming to Breast-ern. This is gonna' be a horror show, I apologize in advance to any of my future classmates for all the ways in which I'll be sure to unknowingly offend you.

Ontario resident - Scarborough to be exact, where all we do is ball. Just finished my BSCH in Life Sciences from Queen's (where we bun the highest grade).

GPA - 3.74 overall, little higher for Western

MCAT - VR=12, BS=12, PS=12, WS=S

See everyone in August, Peace Out!!!

Guest makdaddy08

Sup all

First time posting here but I've been checkin' the board to see when the acceptances/WL notices would be goin' out. Very cool board, and it's been really helpful for me.

Got my acceptance off the WL this past Friday here in Edmonton AB = )

GPA: 3.9 for 2 best years

MCAT: 11 PS, 11 VR, 13 BS, Q WS

Excited to see you all in the fall, Western was my #1 choice! And..ironically, I was rejected at all other schools (Calgary and BC = no interview, Queens rejected, and UA haven't heard a thing, so probably a reject). So it alll works out for me in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ClimbOn

Hey all

Got off the waitlist this morning! Can't really describe how happy/relieved/elated I am right now.

I'm from Vancouver, BC. Just graduated from UBC this May with a BSc in cell biology and genetics. I have quite a bit of research experience (but no paper yet), a variety of EC activities including first aid, climbing (hence my name), and Scouting.

GPA: umm...I still haven't figure this one out. My percentile is around 84-86 for all 4 years.

MCAT: 9V, 14PS, 12 BS and S written

Western has been my first choice all along, so I'm definitely coming. I got interviews at UBC, UofA and UofT but I have been rejected by UBC and UofA, and waitlisted by UofT. I was rejected w/o an interview by UofC and Memorial.

See you all in August!

Guest AngelicAndi

I have a Hon.B.Sc from U of T (0T4) with a GPA (unajusted ) of 3.91 and 3.84 in my final years. My MCAT was 9PS, 10BS,10VS and Q. I was interviewed by UT and Western, waitlisted at both and eventually accepted at Western. I'll see you in the fall!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Meileen

Hi everyone!

I got off the UWO waitlist in June. I was waitlisted at the University of Manitoba and at UWO. My GPA was about 3.7 and my MCAT scores were 12/11/10/Q

See you all in August

-Meileen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest howdy2008

Hi guys

I got 15PS 15BS 14English and T for writing sample. I have a 4.0 in Undergrad in Honors Biochemistry at Cornell University, finished up my Masters at Stanford, and just defended my PHD thesis last month at Harvard. I am a father of 8, and I hope to see you guys next year.

:hat

• 1 year later...
Guest blinknoodle

Hey guys,

I thought I'd revive a new thread for this year's applicants. Feel free to copy and paste the following, while adding the pertinent details.

The stats from those who applied from 2002-2004 are here in the archives:

p090.ezboard.com/fpremed1...D=74.topic

-----------------------

I'm a (Province) resident (SWOMEN?) in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred) by UWO. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

I was also accepted by (XYZ), waitlisted by (XYZ) and rejected by (XYZ).

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

Feel free to add in any other tidbits about application, interview process, etc.

Guest uftstudent

they're out!!! I just got an email....good luck to everyone waiting!!!!:D

third year applicant

Mcat 12, 12, 13 (biol), R

OMSAS 3.98 first two years

no email from queen's, haven't heard from mac

Guest ilikecereal

i got this at 1025 am (eastern time)

I'm very pleased to let you know that you will be getting an offer of admission from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. Some of you will have conditional offers if you are missing any of the prerequisites. We also know that some of you are taking these prerequisite courses this year. What you have to remember is that we are dealing with transcripts that you sent into OMSAS along with your application. The offers will be mailed out Monday, May 15, 2006.

Darla.

I'm from a swomen area with these mcat : v8, P14, B:11, Q.;; gpa for first two years at western (i'm a third year uwo bio student): 4.0 and 3.9.. This was my only interview and so I'll accept it.

Guest Darwin

I'm an Ontario resident (from Toronto) in undergraduate studies (3rd year). My GPA was 3.93 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: R

I was ACCEPTED by UWO. This is my first time applying to med school.

I was rejected by Toronto, Ottawa (both pre-interview), waitlisted at Queens, and have not heard back from McMaster.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO as my first choice.... I'll be accepting the offer as soon as the piece of paper comes to my door!