Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

• 9 months later...
Anyone know if waitlist rankings given are final, or are they subject to change after ranking are released? 

The email states "McGill's Faculty of Medicine will disclose waitlist rankings as of May 2016, when all candidates in all applicant categories have completed the interview process. " Which means that we're subject to go down on the rankings?

The waitlist notes section for mine says "bit.ly/22szemE-#9 on waitlist" with the bit.ly link linking to the waitlist page if you remove -#9. This leads to my assuming I'm currently ranked #9 but may go down after they add in the Mar/Apr interviewees?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Because this really helped me, I wanted to update here. Fellow premed101-ers - please do the same!

TIME STAMP: 10:30am (when i checked)
Result: Accepted!!!
wGPA: 3.3 cGPA, 3.5 ish if they took into account my EC, last 2 years 3.8, Master's GPA 3.9
MCAT: 10+/10+/10+ and submitted
ECs: Master's + work experience, long term volunteer commitments, research, publications, etc.
Year: Graduated Master's, been working for 1.5 years

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: Yes

SO incredibly excited and elated. I am definitely still in shock. But honestly I had a lot of help along the way and encourage all of you reading this to reach out to all your resources and work your butts off! This is the result of blood sweat and tears - i worked really hard for the MMI while working full time, maybe even going over the top but I knew this was my one shot and I didn't want to lose it. I practiced almost everyday and used every resource I had. I am not someone who can naturally wing it and get in and I definitely think the practice paid off. If you get the chance - do not take it for granted! The work will pay off later. 

How do you get your rank on your interview? and can we get more feedback except the email they usually send us?

They'll send you an email July-ish that tells you your position pre and post interview. You get your interview ranking on that email. You can also contact the offices after that if you want to consult your overall file. 

• 1 month later...

Does someone knows how to quit a program online? I recently got accepted in another University in my first choice so I want to leave the program that I'm registered here in McGill, but can't find nowhere how to do this on Minerva...can someone please help? Someone si probably waiting impatiently for me to drop my place!

On 15/06/2017 at 6:14 PM, Luffy123 said:

Does someone knows how to quit a program online? I recently got accepted in another University in my first choice so I want to leave the program that I'm registered here in McGill, but can't find nowhere how to do this on Minerva...can someone please help? Someone si probably waiting impatiently for me to drop my place!

I believe you'll have to call the admissions office!

What applicant category are you?

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, lmck said:

TIME STAMP: 2:03 pm

Result: Accepted! (MDCM/PhD)
cGPA: 3.95, pre-reqGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 527 submitted (132/132/132/131)
ECs: volunteering at a hospital, former OHL player
Year: finished masters

IP/OOP/International: OOP - not sure this matters for MDCM/PhD?

Letters of reference: Yes

Congratulations! Your stats are incredible. You deserve this. Hopefully I'll see you around! (Praying I get an OOP McGill MDCM seat!)