Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

If anyone's interested, I talked with Mr. Dansereau today (and he's a very pleasant straight-forward man). Waitlist movement was apparently very strong last week although it's beginning to slow down. As for myself, I'm in the top portion and his was advice was to wait till the end of June and then start back-up plans in full force.

The interviews were my downfall. Whatever happens, I'm pleased that they are switching to MMI format next year. Kind a mutes the subjectivity of the whole affair a bit.

Any news about the OOP waitlist? I'm still desperate to go to McGill.

Alberta resident. Applied w/ 3.86 and 38S.

Interviewed:UBC, Calgary, Western, Queens, Mcgill

Waitlisted: Mcgill, Queens, Western

For some reason I feel the McGill waitlist is less intimidating then the long ones at the Ontario schools.

Stay positive waitlistees! Monday could be the day.

I have tried to find if I am even close to the top on the wait list as an IP, but no one is giving me any info. I don't understand why they are inconsistent concerning the types of stats they release...

I called first and they said they did not release that information. What you have to do is contact Mr. Dansereau personally and he'll then give you feedback on your application.

It's silly, I know.

I called first and they said they did not release that information. What you have to do is contact Mr. Dansereau personally and he'll then give you feedback on your application.

It's silly, I know.

Hi Yood,

I talked to Mr.Dansereau and he gave some feedback on my position on the waitlist. However, he did not tell me what was my weak point. Did he give you any specific feedback on your interviews or did he just say that your interview results were weak? I did not get any specific feedback on my interview. I will contact him again to see what went "wrong" in the interviews

Thanks in advance

It's silly, I know.

Well, the reactions from the office is not always consistent. Also, it is hard to reach either of the officers directly. There is a huge bureaucratic barrier.

Hey, so my advice is to contact Mr. Dansereau directly. His contact info is on the website. He said he's usually good at getting back with emails but to email him again if he has not responded within about 5 days. Also, I did not get any specifics about what went wrong in my interviews. He told me that my combined interview score was below average, and after I stopped cursing (kidding) he just asked me what I think I did wrong.

If you ask you'll get your rough placement on the waitlist and equivalently vague placements on your sketch and interviews.

The way I got in touch was going to the med info session Friday. There will be another on June 20th. Check the website for details.

I'm hoping with all hope I get off this thing.... it's so HARD! ARGH! I'm thinking we should start a support group or something?

I contacted Mr. Dansereau by email and we spoke on the phone. He was very nice and answered all my questions... he told me my relative position on the waitlist and a general overview of my scores on the interview and autobiographical essay.

Although where I am on the waitlist is not extremely encouraging, it is still nice to know so that I can get on with my life and stop worrying about "what are my chances?"

I recommend to anyone who is interested in getting information about their position on the waitlist to call or email Mr. Dansereau to schedule an appointment....

Although where I am on the waitlist is not extremely encouraging, it is still nice to know so that I can get on with my life and stop worrying about "what are my chances?"

You're talking like you are desperate but at least you got in somewhere else... By the way, did you get in at UdeM? I'm on the waitlist and apparently it started moving...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any news anyone? Will they send an email to all people on the waitlist saying they are no longer on the waitlist anytime soon?

Rejection letters will probably come at the end of august.

However, spots can open up even until the first day of class (if someone no-shows, for example). A friend of mine was called on the first day of classes and had to show up the next day.

So there is still some miniscule glimmer of hope, but if you need the closure, then yeah I expect it only to come once classes have begun.

• 3 weeks later...