Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

Hey bowtie, I have the same problem. I bet is because we haven't sent the agreement form to the office of admission yet :)

Hey steffygraf

I brought in my agreement form this morning and the procedure is as follows:

You are probably enrolled in a McGill program right now as I am.

Go to the service point to get an override and accept the offer afterwards.

Easy right?

See you in the Fall :)

Hey steffygraf

Easy right?

You're awesome bowtie, thanks a lot. I will go to the service point tomorrow then, thanks a lot!

and yeah, see you in the fall!! :D

Hey steffygraf

Easy right?

Thanks for finding this out, bowtie!

I'm in same situation (accepted IP! currently a McGill grad student), but was unable to accept the offer on Minerva.

I called the Service Point this morning, and they said that only GPS can issue the override. I suggest contacting the GPS office! I was able to obtain the override required to accept the offer.

See you in the fall :) !

Thanks for finding this out, bowtie!

I'm in same situation (accepted IP! currently a McGill grad student), but was unable to accept the offer on Minerva.

I called the Service Point this morning, and they said that only GPS can issue the override. I suggest contacting the GPS office! I was able to obtain the override required to accept the offer.

See you in the fall :) !

I see! that's really good to know mileender. Do you have to go in person to the GPS office or is it ok to just call them? Thanks! :)

Hey guys,

I am waitlisted IP,

undergrad GPA: 3.4/4 physics, graduate school in medical physics

MCAT: 35R.

Second time applying.

Got an interview at Queen's, waiting on UdeM and Sherbrooke.

Anyone know how big the waitlist / what my chances are of getting in??

McGill is definitely my first choice.

Hey guys,

I am waitlisted IP,

undergrad GPA: 3.4/4 physics, graduate school in medical physics

MCAT: 35R.

Second time applying.

Got an interview at Queen's, waiting on UdeM and Sherbrooke.

Anyone know how big the waitlist / what my chances are of getting in??

McGill is definitely my first choice.

Waitlist is about 30. Chances of getting in are low. Sorry to break the bad news to you but it's better you're prepared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One person just got off the MD/PhD waiting list yesterday. Congratulations to her. However, this does shock everyone, including the one who filled in the referee report. It is the second time since another student on our floor that is applying is rejected after the interview last month; we all think this rejected student is a perfect and much more suitable candidate.

Whatever that is, I do think the admission office can pick anyone, and there is always a >50% chance that they will make a good choice.

Good luck to everyone that is still on the waiting list!

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to her indeed.

Its easier said than done, but in this case, I try not to attach too much personal significance to these decisions.

I know many wonderful people who are current med students who were rejected by some schools and accepted by others. One committees reject is another's stellar candidate. Similarly, some McGill applicants are stamped with the big red 'reject' 3 times before getting in.

I think we all feel we are great candidates. I hope she enjoys her experience!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at some candidatures in this thread, I must say I am getting nervous for my first application this fall. It seems some had excellent GPAs, MCATs, ECs and research and still applied 2+ times. I am 25 and would like my first application be the good one. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just curious, is there anyone here who got accepted to McGill with a biochemistry degree from Concordia? all i've seen here is mostly microbio or physiology degrees from McGill.

BTW, congrats to all who got accepted to McGill! i'll be seeing you in your clerckship years at the MGH in you ICU, ER and OR rotations ;) I'm an RT there :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, does anyone know if grad students MUST have graduated before the start of school's start? Or can the thesis have been submitted in August, for example, and graduation would be held in October.

I did not see any conditions as such on the medicine's admission's site, so was wondering if anyone else had any info.

THanks!

Hi guys, does anyone know if grad students MUST have graduated before the start of school's start? Or can the thesis have been submitted in August, for example, and graduation would be held in October.

I did not see any conditions as such on the medicine's admission's site, so was wondering if anyone else had any info.

THanks!

no such rule exists. you can 1) graduate before school starts 2) write your thesis while you are in med school or 3) never graduate from your grad program.....;.