Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement???

Hey everyone,

I'm on the waitlist for NOSM this year...I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has been offered admission to NOSM and will be declining, or anyone fairly high on the waitlist who will be attending another school? Just trying to gauge the situation as this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance,

Cam:)

Hey!

As for the past, the wait list is usually dug into to roughly 25-30 people. I was told by many people that the charter class went up to 25, and the last year, up to 27 or 28.

I am ranked 4 on the waitlist, and i haven't heard anything yet. But as soon as I get something, I'll certainly post. I have no clue if the three ahead of me are on here!

Just a bit more info... I know quite a few people on the waitlist, and i know of three people that will remove themselves from the pool (if not done already) in the coming days.

I also know a guy (personally) who was admitted in NOSM and Ottawa, and has declined his offer in NOSM. So, there's a spot for us! :P

Anyway.. good luck with everything! Where are you on the waitlist??

Ciao!

Thanks for the info, good to hear there may be some movement soon! Congrats on being number four, that is amazing and you are certainly in! I am in the high "teens" on the waitlist and although the statistics from previous years are promising, I am still pretty worried!

Thanks for the input!:)

Cam

Hey!

The info about people is accurate. I know of one guy who is declining his offer, in fact, he has declined it already. and other waitlisted people that will remove themselves from the pool. However, I have no clue of their rank. I should inquire! hehe

I was actually talking with some faculty in Ottawa (I'm at Ottawa U, and I do research at the Faculty of Medicine) and they were telling me that this year, they expect all universities to go up even more in the waiting list as previous years. I'm not so sure I understand why, but it has to do with the cohort. They say and expect that the double cohort is hitting and that this year, as the cohort has always been, they are very competitive and that many students applied and interviewed at many school, therefore reducing the province/country wide pool of applicants, and as a result, admissions from different schools could be offered to the same person, at a higher rate than previous years!

I'm not holding my breath on that, but hey! If it was true, then why not! hehe I guess we can tell ourselves, once again, that we're the cream of the crop (the cohort!)... hehe

Good luck to everyone, and I'll keep you posted if I get an offer!

Ciao!

Paul

:eek:

This wait is going to be the death of me! Does anyone else feel like this?? I barely made it from the interview to May 15! I'm definitely happy to have made the waitlist but at the same time so worried that it may not reach my number.

Hope all you other waitlisters are coping a little better haha! I'll have to figure out a way to keep myself occupied...maybe take up yoga or meditation and stop speculating on my number 24/7! That's my rant, I feel better now!

Good luck all!

Cam:)

I feel your pain! This is the ultimate test of patience and sanity. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure how far the waitlist will move this year, and all we can do is guess based on what we have heard! I hope that is true about us possibly receiving an update email tomorrow. It would at least give us something to go off of. I guess by next Friday there will be some real movement with the provisional acceptance deadline.

Here's hoping!!

Hey people!

ok, little update for all of you!

So this lovely little email came in around 2pm today. As previously mentionne,d i was ranked 4... and my interview was in TBay, but i picked sudbury as my first choice for location of school, and I got my spot in Sudbury. I really didn't expect this... I really thought i'd be put in TBay, but it worked out for me!

So here's the deal, for those who wanna kinda get a feel for what,s happening... I got the email, no calls... just email. On the email, it says i have until June 1st to answer to the offer (I think, i really didn't read everything, I'm too excited!)

So ya, they're moving up... I wish you all the best of luck in this process! It sure is a relief to get this email!

Good luck all!

Paul

Hey Guys,

Thought I would let you know that I was admitted without waitlist this time around at NOSM!

Last year I applied for the first time to medical school and was put on the NOSM waitlist at position #27. The list went to #25 and I was left at the #2 position on the waitlist. While it is certainly frustrating for everyone on the waitlist watching your number rise as the summer goes along, be proud that you were waitlisted, and know that you will be that much better prepared next year if it doesn't work out this time around.

Hi Chichi

I was on the waitlist last year. We didn't get our first weekly update until two weeks after the offers went out. So you should get your first weekly update this coming Friday if it follows last year's pattern. Don't fret they WILL send one, but unless they get feedback from OMSAS which should start happening this coming week they can't make further offers.

Hope that helped!

LtD :)

I too was really hoping to receive one of our (biweekly?) weekly updates friday or today, especially considering the fact that the list has moved to at least 4 this point. It would be great to get an idea if it moved more than that then get another weekly update once the May 29th deadline has passed.

But I guess this is all wishful thinking, I don't know if I'll make it til Friday! Trying to not dwell on it, but it's pretty much all I can think about right now!

Good luck everyone!

Looks like Mac and Queens have sent out some waitlist acceptances today. I am not sure if this was the first day they started contacting their waitlisters though. I know NOSM has been already started to move up their list, so I can only wonder if they have contacted a few more people today or not.

I just really wish we would have received at least one of the weekly update emails by now (2 weeks since initial offers went out.)

My boring job has given me plenty of time to overanalyze the forums!!:eek:

wow...i am number 2...this is stressful!

chichi, i am with you, we need someone else to drop off the list! good luck!

if 41 of the 56 spots are filled...i wonder if there will be any more movement tomorrow and the next day??????

Hey!

So ecstatic to say, I was accepted off the waitlist by email yesterday afternoon!!! I was originally number 15 and moved to number 2 as of the first weekly update email.

I was assigned to my preferred campus in Thunder Bay! Sooo excited!!

Good luck to everyone, seems the waitlist is still moving!!

:) :)

Archived