Premed 101 Forums

mock interviews

I would definitely be interested in doing an interview in person! Would we be arranging these with individual Meds 2011 students on our own? My interview is on a Tuesday, so I was wondering if I got into Ottawa on the Monday as to whether I might be able to do one then. Alternatively, do you think your classmates will want to do them on weekends?

Hey for all y'all out there preparing for the Ottawa interview I had a quick question. In the appendix of docs they sent us following the invites, the interview section says that the interviewerss will have a one page copy of our autobiographical sketch. Do you guys think this means the OMSAS autobiographical sketch or Ottawa's detailed autobiographical sketch, in which we were told to only report activities completed after high school. Not a big deal, but I would like to know what exactly they will have in front of them. Thanks and g’luck to everyone preparing for interviews.

I'm guessins the detailed sketch ... they aren't gonna quiz you on it. They just might ask what you're doing your reserach on. (if you're a grad student). What did you enjoy/not enjoy of a particular task/job/volunteer experience. From experience it's broader questions and nothing to be scared of ;). Hope I helped

I would definitely be interested in doing an interview in person! Would we be arranging these with individual Meds 2011 students on our own? My interview is on a Tuesday, so I was wondering if I got into Ottawa on the Monday as to whether I might be able to do one then. Alternatively, do you think your classmates will want to do them on weekends?

I'm in the process of organizing something, the specifics aren't quite decided yet. My intial idea was that you would just have to send me your contact info & prefered time/method & I would help you get in touch with a meds'11 who volunteered, together you could work out something that was convienient... or something of the sort... I'm not sure, I just sent out an email to the class & will wait for their feedback (& faculty approval) before making any decision. I'll let you know once we have everything worked out, don't worry :) We do have an exam on Feb 22nd, so I'm guessing not many people will be available the previous week (just fyi)... otherwise, I don't know for the specific time.

Hi everyone!

I just got the ok from Nicole Racine to conduct the mock interviews.

I think the best way to proceed would probably be for all those interested to send me a pm with you name, contact info, the date of your (non mock) interview, the type of mock you would like (ie phone/ with 1 person/with a pannel) and any specifications around the time at which you would like the mock (ie absolutely has to be March 2nd, can be anytime between now & your interview, etc, etc). I will then pass the info along & someone from the list of volunteers will contact you. We will try to arange a time that fits everyone's schedule, but obviously we can't promise anything.

Please also add the language of the program you applied to (french/english stream).

Also, as I've said before, we all have an exam on Feb. 22nd, so mocks would be conducted after this date :)

:D I try!

Just a side note, I've been getting many requests for multiple mock interviews. I think it would be best to first ensure that everyone who wants one gets to have one. If ever there is time & enough volunteers for a second one, we will consider it later, but I think one will probably be the general rule, as our time is still somewhat limited & there are many of you! Thanks for understanding :)

Hi!

Just a short message to everyone who requested a mock :

I sent a request to the volunteers in my class, who should be contacting you, probably via email, over the next coulple of weeks. If you don't get any feedback by 2 weeks from now/3 days before the requested time for the mock (whichever comes first), please send me a pm & I will fix the problem :)

Happy prepping!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Just another short message :)

For those of you who requested a phone interview, I just wanted to clarify that you are expected to call the interviewer (at the time of your interview), unless offered otherwise. Because we're all volunteers & many of us are doing more than one mock, I obviously am not expecting others in my class to pay long distance. I'm guessing you already knew this, but just to be sure :P

Also, in order to be able to get everyone's schedule in order soon, if any of you still want a mock interview and haven't asked for one yet, please do so before the end of the month. After that, we won't be taking any more requests.

Thank you & good luck!

Hi everyone!

Just another short message :)

For those of you who requested a phone interview, I just wanted to clarify that you are expected to call the interviewer (at the time of your interview), unless offered otherwise. Because we're all volunteers & many of us are doing more than one mock, I obviously am not expecting others in my class to pay long distance. I'm guessing you already knew this, but just to be sure :P

Also, in order to be able to get everyone's schedule in order soon, if any of you still want a mock interview and haven't asked for one yet, please do so before the end of the month. After that, we won't be taking any more requests.

Thank you & good luck!

Is it too late for me to get a mock interview??????? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived