Guest HaliEngineer

Waitlisted

OOP

Score breakdown:

Academic Score (GPA & MCAT) 21.00 / 25.00
Essay & Supplemental Score 22.25 / 35.00
Interview Score 31.20 / 40.00
Total Score 74.45 / 100.00

The average scores for the successful applicants in the Non-Maritime category are:
Average GPA = 3.9 (14/15)
Average MCAT = 512 (8/10)
Average Supplemental/Essay = 23.6/35
Average MMI = 30.6/40
Total score: 76.2

Can anyone speculate on my chances of getting off the wait list?

OOP, Waitlisted :(

Academic: 22.00 / 25.00

Essay/Supplemental: 22.25 / 35.00

Interview Score: 32.00 / 40.00

Total Score: 76.25 / 100.00

Really surprised by my essay/supplemental score since I've been quite active in Nova Scotia doing graduate research here for the past 5 years :( Sucks. Praying I get in somehow off the waitlist. Feels shitty!

OOP, Waitlisted :(

Essay/Supplemental: 22.25 / 35.00

Interview Score: 32.00 / 40.00

Total Score: 76.25 / 100.00

Really surprised by my essay/supplemental score since I've been quite active in Nova Scotia doing graduate research here for the past 5 years :( Sucks. Praying I get in somehow off the waitlist. Feels shitty!

That's so odd you got waitlisted with a score of 76.25, but they said the average score of accepted OOP applicants was 76.2

I've received an email about this question. Here's their response:

Thank you for your email.

The average scores provided for the successful applicants in your category include those who have been accepted and those who have been waitlisted.  Applicants who have been waitlisted are considered to be acceptable by the admissions committee  however there are only 9 positions available for out of province applicants.  The non-maritime category is highly competitive, with a large number of applications to be considered each year.

I hope this helps to clarify your question.

Thanks! I was just wondering because I didn't apply this year, but last year when I was rejected, they had the average score (broken down by section) for accepted applicants. So I just added it up to get a sense of how much lower my score was than the average. Just wondering if there was a numerical average again for this year's accepted pool? 

OOP

2nd rejection

GPA: 3.9

MCAT: 515 (130, 129, 130, 126)

Interview: "Felt" worse than last year, but apparently I scored better *shrugs*

ECs: varied, lots of medical related, not a lot of "volunteering" though, maybe that got me. Spent time on my essays.

Scores:

GPA/MCAT: 22.00/25.00 (same as last year)

Essay & Supp: 21.75/35.00 (up from last year)

Interview: 25.20/40.00 (up from last year)

Total: 68.95/100.00

Total was 62.61 last year, so I'm doing better which is better than nothing!

Still have another interview in 2 weeks so wish me luck! I'm a bit bummed but it's a journey! Congrats to those that made it this year and chin up to those that didn't. We'll get there!! :)

OOP

Scores:

GPA/MCAT: 21.00/25.00

Essay & Supp: 27.00/35.00

Interview: 29.60/40.00

Total: 77.60/100.00

Anybody know how many people are on the OOP waitlist?

Are you waitlisted?

EDIT: I guess you are if you have your scores. What's going on!? Your scores are higher than the composite 76.2 as well.

I've been waiting for years to post this... But ACCEPTED to the Halifax campus!!!!!

I still don't feel like it's real! This is my second time applying, and last year I wasn't even on the waitlist.

IP (NS)

GPA: 4.0 (most recent 2 years)

MCAT: 510

ECs: pretty varied. Hospital volunteering, scholarships and awards, art, leadership positions, etc. Feel free to message for details!

Interview: Wow I prepared sooo much for this. You can try to learn as much as possible but its the actual practicing that makes a huge difference. Last year my interview score was low but this time I just went in relaxed and felt so much more at ease talking about random subjects because I had practiced.

I'm so excited to meet everyone in August! :)

IP - Rejected

Academic: 21.00 / 25.00

Essay/Supplemental: 13.77 / 35.00

Interview Score: 32.40 / 40.00

Total Score: 67.17 / 100.00

Yikes that Essay/Supplemental score. Felt I had strong ECs along with the essay but who knows. Extremely disappointing result especially with the strong interview score. 

Accepted

IP (NB)

GPA: 3.6

MCAT: 509 (Phys 125/ CARS 128/ Bio 126/ Psych 130)

EC: Working as a healthcare professional, 6+ years hospital volunteering, 4+ years community volunteering, 1000+ hours on the piano, society leadership positions, volunteered at a hospital abroad, no research experience 

Edit: First time applicant

IP - waitlisted :/

GPA: 4.0 (last 2 years)
MCAT: 518

Current master's student (1st year) with good research experience (1 pub, 3 pres, 1 e-aid, several awards/grants). 6+ years retail employment and good extracurriculars (I thought), but I think volunteering experience must have been my weakness (hadn't done a lot until my 4th year undergrad). 

Quite disappointed, but who knows, maybe the list will move. Congrats to those who got in!!!

First time applicant.

IP - Waitlist

Second time applying, rejected last year.

Congrats to everyone accepted this year! :)

Essay/Supplemental: 23.47 / 35.00

Interview Score: 26.00 / 40.00

Total Score: 71.47 / 100.00

Since the average score for IP this year is 71.50, I'm hoping that I'm near the top of the list!!

Anybody know when the list may start to move?

IP - waitlisted :/

GPA: 4.0 (last 2 years)

MCAT: 518

Current master's student (1st year) with good research experience (1 pub, 3 pres, 1 e-aid, several awards/grants). 6+ years retail employment and good extracurriculars (I thought), but I think volunteering experience must have been my weakness (hadn't done a lot until my 4th year undergrad). 

Quite disappointed, but who knows, maybe the list will move. Congrats to those who got in!!!

First time applicant.

What was your score break-down?