Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

Guest HaliEngineer

1 minute ago, knoxjax99 said:

IP (Nova Scotia) First time applying - Waitlisted :(

Total Score: 71.07.

Hopefully I'm high on the waitlist. Can anyone tell me if you can figure out where your at on the waitlist from admissions?

I was waitlisted my first time applying too - I tried and tried to find out where I was on the waitlist and it didn't work!! There are a lot of current students who got in off of the waitlist, though! 

12 minutes ago, knoxjax99 said:

IP (Nova Scotia) First time applying - Waitlisted :(

Total Score: 71.07.

Hopefully I'm high on the waitlist. Can anyone tell me if you can figure out where your at on the waitlist from admissions?

This seems pretty close to the average score of accepted applicants! 

gpa: 3.9 MCAT: 510 = around 21/25?

essay/supp: 22/35

mmi: 28/40

Does the wait-list rank by score? This is the first time I've been waitlisted so I'm new to this sorry. 

I'm OOP and got 74.XX too. (The XX being because I'm replying on my phone and can't go double check right now for the exact amount. )

The nerves I have are UNREAL. This is almost worse than just regular waiting haha 

Grateful to be wait-listed at least but very very very anxious

28 minutes ago, plessthan0.05 said:

This seems pretty close to the average score of accepted applicants! 

gpa: 3.9 MCAT: 510 = around 21/25?

essay/supp: 22/35

mmi: 28/40

Yeah the GPA and MCAT calculation out of 25.. Does anyone know how they calculate this?

Average Acceptance for Nova Scotia Acceptance this year:

GPA: 3.9
MCAT: 510
Essay+Supp: 22/35
MMI: 28/40

TOTAL: 70-71???

My Stats: IP (Nova Scotia Waitlist)

GPA: 3.8 / MCAT: 511 = 21/25

Total: 71.07

What are my chances? This killed me..

2 minutes ago, knoxjax99 said:

Average Acceptance for Nova Scotia Acceptance this year:

MCAT: 510
Essay+Supp: 22/35
MMI: 28/40

TOTAL: 70-71???

I Know that a 510 is 8/10, and I believe 3.9 = 14/15 (so 22/25 average).

I'm also curious if that is the average of NS acceptances or ALL acceptances, as I had the same breakdown as a PE applicant.

1 minute ago, squeekz07 said:

I Know that a 510 is 8/10, and I believe 3.9 = 14/15 (so 22/25 average).

I'm also curious if that is the average of NS acceptances or ALL acceptances, as I had the same breakdown as a PE applicant.

Good question. They say what pool you were assessed in, but not for the averages.. :/

4 minutes ago, Waitlistmovement? said:

NB applicant waitlisted here. Scores were:

Academic: 22/25

Supplemental: 19.67/35

Interview: 28/40

These are very close to the average accepted scores (which seem to be for everyone, not by applicant pool), so if anyone else was waitlisted for the NB pool I'd love to hear your scores as well. 

If you don't mind telling me, what are your GPA and MCAT scores? I'm applying next cycle :)

1 hour ago, SquirtleMD said:

OOP waitlisted with a score of 74.

God this was a wild ride.

If any OOP dal meds got in with a similar score I’d love to talk more about it and see if there’s hope.

Good luck to everyone on the wait list and congrats to everyone that got in.

Hey I got in with a very similar score, keep up the hope!

IP Rejected

MCAT: 511

Essay/Supplemental really did me in. My ECs were definitely lacking, mostly part-time jobs, a lot of sport coaching, and random university clubs.
Didn't do too superbly on the interview either, but thought it was okay. I'm more of a listener than a talk for 8 minutes about my own opinion type...alas, room for growth!

1 hour ago, Colour_A said:

IP (NB) - rejected, no waitlist

GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 515

ECs: very unconventional, was unsure how Dal would view these, so I was pleased I scored above average on this component of the application 

Overall score: 70.4/100

The interview sunk me, I knew it wasn't great but was surprised it was as low as it was -- 22/40.  I tired myself out preparing for the MUN interview, and when it came time for Dal I just wasn't focused or prepared. 

While I'm disappointed, MUN is by far my preferred choice and I actually felt really great about their interview, so we'll see!

For anyone wondering, a 515 MCAT worked out to a 9/10 score, I believe there's been a lot of speculation on this.

According to the thread on NB Waitlist Polling, some people were wait listed in NB with scores much below yours? I'm very confused..