Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

Guest HaliEngineer

9 minutes ago, knoxjax99 said:

According to the thread on NB Waitlist Polling, some people were wait listed in NB with scores much below yours? I'm very confused.. 

It's a tough situation! If your interview score is low (I believe below 24 or so) you're not admitted, no matter your other stats. 

19 minutes ago, chemicologist said:

IP (NS) applicant Waitlisted with a score of 66.

My interview score actually decreased slightly from my previous application, which was disappointing.

Same, looks like an overall decrease in interview score this year. Last time I applied average reported was 31/40, this year 28/40.

OOP - Waitlisted, Total Score 80.09. All stats above average accepted score.

Non-trad applicant; I have applied multiple times to medical school (got my first interview this year) and if nothing else comes of this it means I am at least one step closer to my dream :)

Good vibes to all! Congrats to those accepted.

4 minutes ago, capoeirista said:

Non-trad applicant; I have applied multiple times to medical school (got my first interview this year) and if nothing else comes of this it means I am at least one step closer to my dream :)

Oh wow, that's a good score! Congratulations. 

I hope that waitlist starts a rolling for us soon...best of luck and yes congratulations to everyone accepted already!!

Do y'all know when other schools are likely sending out invites?

20 minutes ago, capoeirista said:

Wow, that's the highest waitlist score I've ever personally seen :O I would be willing to bet you're somewhere right up at the top of that waitlist!

Fingers crossed!!

16 minutes ago, srumihs said:

I hope that waitlist starts a rolling for us soon...best of luck and yes congratulations to everyone accepted already!!

Any specific other schools?

20 minutes ago, srumihs said:

Most other schools send out their invites in mid May, so that's when the waitlist moves the most!

2 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

Any specific other schools?

I kinda meant along the lines of as an OOP if people get into other schools on their list I'm curious as to when ish that would likely be. 

I think a few schools you find out in May for example. 

Anyone know when BC knows for example? Ontario schools? 

1 minute ago, srumihs said:

Oh just missed this haha

thank you!!

No worries! Just looking back through my email inbox, last year I got notified by UBC on May 11th and by Ontario schools around the same time (ranging from May 8th to May 16th). So it's all around the same time! 

Best of luck!!

8 minutes ago, knoxjax99 said:

Does anyone know how often they will sent out an email/call a person on the waitlist who has been accepted? Like as soon as someone declines do they immediately go and find the next person?

To build on this, if you're the next on the list how long do you have to accept the seat?

8 minutes ago, knoxjax99 said:

Does anyone know how often they will sent out an email/call a person on the waitlist who has been accepted? Like as soon as someone declines do they immediately go and find the next person?

1 minute ago, Chels1267 said:

To build on this, if you're the next on the list how long do you have to accept the position?

I was waitlisted the past two years, and so while obviously I didn't get the call/email, my understanding is that they contact you (by email first from what I heard) very quickly after someone declines. In terms of how long you have to accept the position, I believe this varies between when it occurs. For example, if it's the day before classes start, they will give you a very short time! If it's closer to know, I think that they give a little longer - maybe a week? I'm not sure though. 

I know from experience how stressful it is being waitlisted. Hang in there! You guys are doing great, and it's an achievement of itself just to get waitlisted. I know it takes a lot of work to get there! :-)