Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

Guest HaliEngineer

4 hours ago, DoctorJeffers said:

@PrimaryCareful congrats on your acceptance! Wondering how did you approach the maritimes connections essay given you do not have a connection?

I approached it as a metaphorical connection; how my experiences and upbringing had similar issues to those faced in maritime communities and how that informed my decision to pursue medicine, specifically at Dalhousie.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 10:47 PM, DalHali19 said:

Interesting. When I spoke with admissions they told me I could not do this, even after I completed my first degree. 

I think they are referring to Master/PhD programs where your dropping out affects the work and research of your supervisor.  I know this is not allowed but I think other undergrad degrees are ok.  Not sure specifically about pharmacy but I'd imagine it's the same as long as they had a degree beforehand. 

• 9 months later...

Accepted (IP, NS)

MCAT: 518

GPA: 4.0

Finishing MSc, a number of grad scholarships and USRAs in undergrad. Hospital volunteering since 2nd year undergrad. A couple of publications (one accepted and one submitted at the time of submission). Other ECs, music, gardening, etc... Regular person stuff.

I can't wait to meet you all in the fall! 

Edit: second time applying. First was an R in 2019. Needed to interview better.

Rejection (IP, NS)

Score of 69.86: GPA 3.9/ MCAT 503.

MSc and lots of hospital research experience, publications (including first authors), many presentations locally/internationally and various volunteer (in/out of hospitals). ECs mostly normal but was a high level athlete so lots of sports/athletics. 

Pretty bummed but looks like I'll need to work on the supplemental for next year. Good luck all!