Premed 101 Forums
Guest HaliEngineer

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

40 minutes ago, eye_guy said:

Accepted!

IP (NS) 
MCAT: 508
GPA: Either 3.9 or 4.0 (Can't remember what it was converted to on the application)

Second time applying after being waitlisted last year! Never give up!

IP with same stats waitlisted...what was your interview and supplemental score if you don't mind me asking?

4 hours ago, DoctorJeffers said:

@PrimaryCareful congrats on your acceptance! Wondering how did you approach the maritimes connections essay given you do not have a connection?

I approached it as a metaphorical connection; how my experiences and upbringing had similar issues to those faced in maritime communities and how that informed my decision to pursue medicine, specifically at Dalhousie.

20 hours ago, eye_guy said:

Accepted!

IP (NS) 
MCAT: 508
GPA: Either 3.9 or 4.0 (Can't remember what it was converted to on the application)

Second time applying after being waitlisted last year! Never give up!

Can I ask what your waitlist score was from last year?

Late to the party but received acceptance on the 15th.

IP applicant

GPA: 3.9

MCAT: >515

Everything else: Diverse range of community service involvement, extracurricular activities, and business activities. Student leader, program leader, and was financially successful in business venture. 

On 4/15/2020 at 10:47 PM, DalHali19 said:

Interesting. When I spoke with admissions they told me I could not do this, even after I completed my first degree. 

I think they are referring to Master/PhD programs where your dropping out affects the work and research of your supervisor.  I know this is not allowed but I think other undergrad degrees are ok.  Not sure specifically about pharmacy but I'd imagine it's the same as long as they had a degree beforehand.