Premed 101 Forums

graduate housing

brightnshiny

hey guys..

do any of you know when the entrance to graduate housing is around? i'm thinking it should be at the latest mid-august..

i'm not entirely sure whether i'd get offer of housing or not, but since i have applied early in sept and accepted thier offer super early (i'm an OOP, in dent) i think i might have a good chance.

also, does anyone know the cost of graduate housing?? and if meal plans are also available to dent/med/grad students? (if there are any meal plans at McGill, that is...)

thanks in advance guys!! :D

i don't know too much about it and I'm not sure if anyone in my class went this route, but it's very expensive for what you get. It's located near the main campus so its great location-wise since the dent lab is on the main campus. hospitals are further away (dent rotations are at the montreal general, maybe a 25 min walk away..). the traditional meal plans is for theundergraduate residence halls. there are other meal plans that you can buy to use at the campus food services (any student can buy these) but its very expensive (especially considering what you get) and the food selection is pretty limited. montreal has so many great restaurants/take out locations that the meal plan is useless, imho. the only advantage to grad housing is that you get to live with other graduate students and meet people outside of med/dent. otherwise, you can get a great appartment (if you want roommates, once med and dent acceptances get sent out, there will be many people looking for roommates) for much less than housing and with much larger living space (and a shower/bathroom that you dont have to share with everyone on your floor!). well this is just my two cents...

Archived