Premed 101 Forums

Dat Scores Are Out

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got my scores today (i'm in edmonton)..... it was my third time writing, and i am SO relieved to have finally done well:

RC 21

Bio 23

Chem 19

AA 21

PAT 21

Carving 23

good luck to everyone still waiting :)

This is a great score Tiny, congrats. Your persistence paid off. :)

Hey guys, here are my scores:

RC - 20

Bio - 20

Chem - 16 eeeek

PAT - 21

Carving - 27

AA - 19

Wondering what your thoughts are on a re-write....My chem is pretty low, and I UWO really focuses on AA and RC. With around an 86 gpa, does anyone have any feedback as to whether or not I should re-write?

Rc: 19

Bio: 21

Chem: 18

PAT: 16

Carving: 30

I want to apply to UBC. I think my PAT is probably too low. Should I take the DAT again in November? I'm thinking, my carving is okay but a 30 might've been a fluke. I really wish to improve my PAT and science, but what if I take it again in November and lose my carving score? hey guys, can you give me some advice?

i got my scores today (i'm in edmonton)..... it was my third time writing, and i am SO relieved to have finally done well:

RC 21

Bio 23

Chem 19

AA 21

PAT 21

Carving 23

tiny, those are some great scores. Congratulations! I wrote back in November and I don't think I'll need to write again. What is your GPA and where will you be applying if you don't mind me asking? Based on your DAT scores, you're well-rounded enough to apply to a broad spectrum of schools I'd assume.

Rc: 19

Bio: 21

Chem: 18

PAT: 16

Carving: 30

I want to apply to UBC. I think my PAT is probably too low. Should I take the DAT again in November? I'm thinking, my carving is okay but a 30 might've been a fluke. I really wish to improve my PAT and science, but what if I take it again in November and lose my carving score? hey guys, can you give me some advice?

Hey, doesn't UBC use the average of the PAT/Carving and then the AA? Because your pat/carving average is 23 and the average for the 2007 entering class is only around 21. I just saw that's how they listed the stats on their website though, i don't know if that's actually how they make their decisions.

got my scores today as well.

bio 21

chem 21

reading 20

pat 20

academic average was listed as 21 but my science average was only 20. did this happen to anyone else? i figured with 21's in both bio and chem i should have had a 21 science average also.

Great scores StillTeething!!!! I see from a previous post that you interviewed at UofM today. Mines in a week. How do you think your interview went??

Manitoba received their marks today....

Mine:

RC: 21

Bio: 29

Chem: 22

TotalSci: 24

AA: 24

Perceptual: 28

Carving: 23

my scores are

RC-19

BIo-20

Chem- 15 (ouch!)

Science total- 17

AA- 18

PAT-20

Carving-30

So according to UofM calculations of AA + PAT + Carving/ 3 I have a 22.66 average. Does anybody know if I'm right in the way they calculate them? Does anyone know what the average DAT score is of the people accepted to UofM in last years?

ps. man stillteathing you destroyed that DAT!;)

I think my adjusted GPA was around 3.75 last year and they said I was 46 out of the 83 people interviewed I think, DAT was 20.33. and I was 17 on the waiting list and didn't get in obviously. This year my aGPA should be 3.85-3.9 with a DAT score of 22.66, so hopfully this year...maybe... hope that helps. aGPA is only 1/3 of final calculation, so if you have a good DAT and Interview that can make up for a sketchy aGPA..

thanks for the information. I thought that just to get an interview last year the aGPA or core cut off was 3.85 so maybe yours was higher than u thought. This year on my letter it said that the minimum core gpa was 3.85 for an interview. Our stats are pretty similar though, best of luck

That makes sense know then. Do you know if in province residents have an advantage at getting acceptance or if it just easier to get an interview and then everyone is treated equally after that. I know only in province get on the waitlist but I thought that everyone competes equally in the regular applicant category for the seats. My interview is next tuesday the 22nd.

I'm pretty sure it's the way you described it. In province has better chance for interview, but now everyone is one the same page competing equally. So really you probably have better stats than alot of the in province people applying. And yeah I'm pretty sure just in province is put on the wait list.

Ok so I have a question for you guys.

My scores are:

RC: 19

Bio: 14

Chem: 19

Science: 16

AA: 17

PAT: 23

Carving: 27

My main plan is applying to U of A. I've read that they don't use the science portion at all, but someone told me the other day that you need to pass it :confused:

So im wondering if anybody would know whether I still qualify?

Ok so I have a question for you guys.

My scores are:

RC: 19

Bio: 14

Chem: 19

Science: 16

AA: 17

PAT: 23

Carving: 27

My main plan is applying to U of A. I've read that they don't use the science portion at all, but someone told me the other day that you need to pass it :confused:

So im wondering if anybody would know whether I still qualify?

you need a minimum of 15 in every category unfortunately.

Archived