Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dmd2012

Dat Scores Are Out

can anyone shed some light on this? i got a 21 in bio and a 21 in chem but my science average was only 20. did this happen to anyone else? i thought it was the average of the 2 sections..so my TS should be 21 as well.

My DAT scores are finally here in Manitoba!

RC: 19

Bio: 21

Chem: 17

TotalSci: 19

AA: 19

PAT: 26

Carving: 30

Loving it :) I'm going for UofA and UofM....so I don't care about Academic averages cause UofM weighs at AA,PAT, and Carving. It's disappointing that UofA doesn't look at Feburary DAT. Good luck to you guys all!!!!!

right..for the academic average. but i thought the science avg only consisted of bio and chem..so shouldnt it be 21 also? hmm i guess ill email them

i think it is because they rank ur science avg based on ur percentile as well. so yes, ur Science avg should be very close to ur chem and bio avg but not necessarily exactly the same.

hmm i guess thats possible. whats even weirder is that i got a 20 in RC but wound with a 21 academic average. i would have thought with bio 21 chem 21 and rc 20 my academic average would have been 20 with my science average 21. ahh whatever..i guess doesnt make that big a difference

RC: 19

Bio: 21

Chem: 17

TotalSci: 19

AA: 19

PAT: 26

Carving: 30

Loving it :) I'm going for UofA and UofM

Nice work dany719! So you're gunning for UofA? Those DAT scores are about as good as it gets. How is your GPA faring? Are you an undergrad applicant or a grad student? Again, congratulations! I'll be applying for UofA next year as well.

My first choice is UofM ofcourse since I live in MB. and UofA was the only other place I could apply in two years. I'm just finishing up my second year and my AGPA is about 4.35 ish. (as long as I do descent on the last three finals i have!!)

Hmm... I know someone who got into UofM this year. She was from Ontario and she was accepted by UofM and UofA but she chose UofM over UofA because UofM, and i think Dalhousie possibly are the few dental schools in Canada that does not have joint dental school with med. Oh, and I'm not sure how AGPA translation works :(

Great DAT Dany! My aGPA and both November and Feb DATS are nearly identical to yours (you smashed me on the carving this time though!). I'm also hoping for Manitoba this year, good luck on your interview!

Quick Question....Did you attend Rock The DAT at U of M in January?

Wow, yeah ur right, our DAT score (for UofM) is actually identical (25 overall). No I didn't attend Rock The DAT.... I know few ppl who got in this year so I got help from them. I got really lucky on carving this time. It was the best one I've ever carved lol