Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list update...

The overanalyzing. I know what you're going through cause I was on the waitlist last year. But overanalyzing things isn't going to change the outcome, and you're going to drive yourself mad in the process. I kept myself busy by last year while waiting by trying to devise a plan to improve my application for the next round, and by figuring out what I'd do in September if I didn't get in. So, my advice is hope for the best, but expect the worst.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all!

i have several questions regarding this wait listing process .. any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

1) i understand calling is their primary means of communication at this point, but do they also send out an email simultaneously?

2) what happens if they can't reach you by phone? keep calling or go down the list? :(

3) for people who are on multiple wait lists, what would you do if you get a call from ur 2nd choice? if you say yes, will that take you off the waitlist for your 1st choice?

thanks in advance!!

Hi godiva truffles (looove your username!),

Waitlisters get a phone call, and from what I understand if they can't reach you they will send you an email right away. Eventually everyone receives an email, which includes the official offer of admission letter and package as an attachment. This email is sent one or two days after the phone call. But again, if they can't reach you by phone, they will send an email right away (according to posts from last year). Don't worry...I don't think they'll just move on to the next person on the list if they can't get a hold of you!! That would be very wrong. Good luck, and stay calm!

3) for people who are on multiple wait lists, what would you do if you get a call from ur 2nd choice? if you say yes, will that take you off the waitlist for your 1st choice?

I think the waitlist offers are a week long, just like the initial offers were 2 weeks long. So once they let you know about the offer you have a week to decide (during which time you may or may not hear from other schools' waitlists). I'm not certain of this or anything but this seems to be the system for other Ontario schools and its pretty sensible.

Med hopeful,

No I haven't been called yet.

I am nervous, but I'm occupying myself with emailing my MP about the Human Rights Commission abuses. Instead of continuously F5 refreshing premed101, I'd suggest everyone read about the whole Canadian Human Rights Commissions and their recent attempts at censoring speech. It's scary.

Politics is probably the best way to kill off any nervous feelings as they are the most annoying, predictable things on the planet =P

Archived