Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list update...

There are 16 people viewing this thread- clearly I'm not the only one.

Yes you are not the only one. But you are the only one posting every 5 min. In fact you are posting so much and asking so many useless questions I am beginning to think you are joking around with us. What GPA ppl have is not very valuable info.

Many ppl are anxious, (Including myself!!) and God forbid, this could last the ENTIRE SUMMER! You really aren't doing yourself any favours by sitting by the forum all day.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medhopeful,

These people ARE great potential physicians! They've identified the principle element in your life right now that's stressing you out like mad, and are suggesting approaches to relieve that stress. Any responsible physician would do the same thing. You're just being a stubborn patient =P

so what's your WGPA?

My WGPA doesn't matter.. it's below the cutoff for even an interview. I"m a graduate applicant. That's why GPA alone isn't a good enough yard stick, and what people have been trying to tell you. It's your overall sketch score that matters, and i'm sure like you know, it's absolutely impossible to guess what that is.

I just want to know nemo's GPA so I can see if there's a chance I'm gonna be called soon, or if I have the next interview score. simple.

so what's your WGPA?

The only way to know if you'll be called soon is to wait, and see if you get called! I think you're trying to predict the unpredictable.

I am nervous, but I'm occupying myself with emailing my MP about the Human Rights Commission abuses. Instead of continuously F5 refreshing premed101, I'd suggest everyone read about the whole Canadian Human Rights Commissions and their recent attempts at censoring speech. It's scary.

I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about this.

I emailed my MP and recieved a response in 2 hours! As it turns out he's part of the Justice Committee, so I've just sent one more email asking him to explain how the Justice Department could have possibly released that 50 page brief full of historical distortions, and ridiculous logic to justify the HRCs actions. Obviously it was worded a lot more politically correct, but that's the jist of it. It's been a great exchange and since Ezra Levant has been posting these exchanges I'm going to ask my MP if he'd mind if I submitted it to Mr. Levant.

I emailed my MP and recieved a response in 2 hours! As it turns out he's part of the Justice Committee, so I've just sent one more email asking him to explain how the Justice Department could have possibly released that 50 page brief full of historical distortions, and ridiculous logic to justify the HRCs actions. Obviously it was worded a lot more politically correct, but that's the jist of it. It's been a great exchange and since Ezra Levant has been posting these exchanges I'm going to ask my MP if he'd mind if I submitted it to Mr. Levant.

I also emailed Justice Minister Rob Nicholson about it, but did not receive a response. Hopefully there will be some policy change soon.

So nothing today???

We know nemo and JD are in as of yesterday - but no calls or emails? Are we thinking mon or tues? OR is the next round of offers out?

i'm also starting to think this might not be a real person. you are giving the students of tomorrow a bad image, you have not seriously been reading or even listening to the other poster's in this thread. the stubborn attitude is mind boggling. you just have to relax and everything will take it's course

just for light... I can only imagine this thread going into september...

" so do you think anyone is going to drop out yet and if we know someone will should we call admissions to find out when they'll call everyone"

So nothing today???

We know nemo and JD are in as of yesterday - but no calls or emails? Are we thinking mon or tues? OR is the next round of offers out?

lol it seems like you are talking to yourself med hopeful.

I hope there are more invites early next week. Judging by last years thread, there should be offers well into June.

Hi

I was accepted off the english stream waitlist today at about 11am. My WGPA was about 3.94. I just thought I would let you know because I have been glued to this forum for weeks now and have waited for some info. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.

I also emailed Justice Minister Rob Nicholson about it, but did not receive a response. Hopefully there will be some policy change soon.

If you want to see some big news check out http://www.ezralevant.com. A St. Catharines, Ontario MP has proposed a motion to have a study of the CHRA and the CHRCs investigative techniques to suggest any modifications to the commission's mandate.

This had to have been in the works when that 50 page Justice Department brief was released a few weeks ago. I don't understand why that thing even came out if this is the direction the conservatives are taking on the issue.

raptor- thanks for responding!

So, are you accepting the seat?

Dude. Wow.

You're like a flipping vulture. Even if you got in at this point, the chances of anyone in the class liking you is pretty much nil due to the way you're acting. Take it easy. We're all waiting. Congrats Raptor.

Why does this thread have 5000 views and it was created on Wednesday? Some of the posts in this thread are bordering on pathetic.....it'll happen if it happens folks, go out and enjoy the nice weather.

** Ok so I just had a quick read and this thread is past the point of pathetic. Med hopeful you need to step up off your computer for a bit my friend. Ian where are you when we need you?

It will definitely be interesting to see how he reacts to assignments, exams, etc. if he does get in.

Best of luck to you medhopeful but, as everyone else has pretty much said, you really need to try and relax.

And congrats JD, nemo, and raptors for getting off the waitlist!! See you guys in Sept! :)

I'm wondering if anybody knows, is GPA alone the tiebreaker for the order in which the waitlist is called? ie people from ottawa area, or grad students, who were below the standard 3.85 cutoff but were interviewed would be lower than those above 3.85, or are there other mitigating factors? sorry if this seems like overanalyzing, but really, even if I had been rejected pre-interview, I'd still be curious on this one.

well mick -

I can answer your question - since I've been accused of a number of things on the board so I don't care if people think I'm overanalyzing -

Post interview, it's your interview score followed by your wgpa. If you are a grad student with a lower gpa and are on the good waitlist then you are in a higher interview cluster than the people with the lower interview score than you but a higher gpa... The interview scores i believe are whole numbers and cluster applicants from highest to lowest gpa.

As a result if you're a grad student with a low gpa, I'd be willing to bet you got a strong interview score and are somewhere in the mid-range of the good wait-list... otherwise you'd be on the bad list.

The gpa's are rounded I think to 2 decimal places after the decimal. In ties beyond this, I think things like a grad degree, bilingualism, and perhaps even sketch score would break the ties... why else would they test our bilingualism if it was so marked/? It hardly seems fair to be tested in french and english in an english interview and have it influence the interviewers' impression of your ability to communicate if it didn't factor in somewhere- maybe that would break a tie? I certainly hope so b/c my interview was linguistically intense to say the least.

Again - you may be totally right.

At our info session, nicole said people in off the waitlist have 1 week to respond, however, it looks like mcmaster is giving until the 13th of june... anyone know if ottawa has also adopted this policy? Because if they have it would mean a longer wait.

Archived